“Loudest air con ever”
Review of Hill City Inn

Hill City Inn
Ranked #22 of 23 Hotels in Lynchburg
Reviewed August 7, 2012

For the price we paid I wouldn't expect the Ritz and didn't get it! The whole place is pretty tired and I didn't examine the housekeeping too closely just to be sure I would sleep. The beds were "fine" but the air conditioner was like a helicopter in the room. We didn't hang about and were glad that it was only for 1 night.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank CorkKerry

Reviewed May 23, 2012

My family spent several nights at the Travelodge in Lynchburg for a graduation. It was both comfortable and clean. The best thing about it was the people running it. They were so nice. I had my mom and dad with me, and they are both 70+ years old. I felt like the Travelodge bent over backwards to make them at home. I would certainly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Tracey A
Reviewed August 18, 2011

Ended up at this motel due to lack of planning ahead for Liberty University's opening weekend. I was impressed with the low price, but it is true that you get what you pay for. I was first accosted by a horrible smell in the lobby, then as I walked from my car to the room I actually felt unsafe. My biggest shock was to walk in the room and see matching garish baby blue teddy bear motif bedspreads (dirty), curtains and lampshades (their "Sleepy" mascot), along with pastel watercolor framed prints over the beds (the same print over each bed) and a southwestern motif wallpaper border on the walls. Obviously, their decorator needs some serious help! The room appeared relatively clean, but the floors felt grungy. My final surprise was when I attempted to check out at 6:45 am and discovered that the office was locked. I left the key back in my room and headed to the train station. Next time I will plan ahead and avoid this place. You should too.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank coagnurse
Reviewed June 18, 2011

This place could have been a much better experience but for cleanliness issues... Sticky floors and dirty woodwork, and the overall stale smell on arrival made us wonder about the sanitary conditions though out our short stay.

Room Tip: Ask for riverside if view is important...
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank UncleSkip
Reviewed June 16, 2011

We were looking for an inexpensive hotel near the bike trails. This fit the bill. Nice pool, wireless, very basic breakfast, quiet room with minifridge.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank To-King
Reviewed April 16, 2011

I stayed at this Travelodge for four times. I always have a pleasant stay all time. It has very clean rooms, comfortable beds,noise free rooms. It also has a reasonable price very friendly front desk staff. I highly recommended this place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Jeremy C
Reviewed August 26, 2010

This hotel is ok, nothing particularly good or bad. The pool is a little small. The room does not smell great, though endurable.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Travelers also viewed these Lynchburg hotels
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#20 of 23 in Lynchburg
Baymont Inn & Suites Lynchburg
Kirkley Hotel
Kirkley Hotel
#9 of 23 in Lynchburg
La Quinta Inn & Suites Lynchburg at Liberty Univ.
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
#10 of 23 in Lynchburg
Extended Stay America - Lynchburg - University Blvd.

Been to Hill City Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hill City Inn

Address: 1500 Main Street, Lynchburg, VA 24504-1824 (Formerly Travel Inn Lynchburg)
Location: United States > Virginia > Lynchburg
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Swimming Pool
Ranked #22 of 23 Hotels in Lynchburg
Price Range: $83 - $234 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Hill City Inn 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hill City Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Travelodge Lynchburg