“Great Stay - Highly Recommended”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Lynchburg Liberty University
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Lynchburg
Florida
“Great Stay - Highly Recommended”
Reviewed January 19, 2010

Nice room, friendly service, good breakfast, plenty of parking, great view of the city. Hotel is a little tricky to find, but that could be said for most hotels in Lynchburg. Be careful when you leave the hotel parking lot. It is easy to misjudge traffic coming down the mountian on Chandler Mountian Road. Enjoy your stay!!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
wingatelyn, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lynchburg Liberty University, responded to this review, May 19, 2010
Thank you for taking your time to give us your feedback from your stay here at the Wingate by Wyndham, Lynchburg. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and we hope to see you again soon! It is our hope that "all who enter as guests, leave as friends!"

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Flower Mound, TX
Reviewed August 7, 2009

We inadvertently booked the Wingate Hotel in Lynchburg, VA instead of Lexington, VA. I called them to request a transfer of our reservation to Lexington and they refused stating their "no cancel, no modification" policy. This is absurd!! I can understand no a no cancellation policy due to a booked internet rate, but one would think they would at least transfer the reservation.
Someone in Customer Care (which obviously isn't) said the properties are all privately owned and that is why they can't transfer reservations. Why then can't these independent owners help each other out for the sake of their customers? Whatever happened to "the customer comes first".
I will never book another Wingate. This is ridiculous.

Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank texaskey
Central PA
Reviewed July 21, 2009

Great hotel. Everything was sparkling clean and staff was exceedingly friendly and efficient. Breakfast was your usual fare for this hotel class, but as I recall, they had make-your-own waffles, which was a nice touch. Hotel has a great view over the valley.

Only reason(s) I didn't give them 5 stars: a rather sad selection of TV channels for this day-and-age and the hotel is very tricky to find. Hint: DON'T rely on Google, as it will lead you astray! Overall, I found Lynchburg confusing to navigate around, so be sure to ask the friendly staff at the desk for directions.

Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
south carolina
Reviewed June 16, 2009

This hotel was great. The view from the front of the hotel was amazing (see if you can get a room facing the front of the hotel), and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The indoor pool was large, and the breakfast buffet was well-stocked. I appreciated the name-brand coffee and tea in the room. Our room was spacious and very comfortable. I'd definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Virginia
Reviewed January 28, 2009

My parents stayed here this summer when they came to visit my at LU (I took summer classes). You can't beat the location; I was staying on East Campus at the time and I was able to walk over to the hotel.

Breakfast was great, room was a tad small, but very clean. The bathroom seemed nice as well. My parents also stayed at the new Garden Inn that had just opened, and while it was certainly nicer (it was brand new, open for 1 month), there was nothing horrible that we could say about the Wingate.

If you have time and the weather is nice, consider making the hike out to the monogram on Candler's Mountain. The entrance to the trail is right next to the hotel, and you get a great view of Lynchburg and the LU campus.

If you are even THINKING about booking the hotel for a graduation ceremony, book it now. There are several colleges in the area (Liberty, Randolph, Sweet Briar, Lynchburg College, Virginia University of Lynchburg) and rooms always sell out fast.

• Liked — Great location
  • Disliked — Some kind of conference going on when we where there, people were a little weird.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Diego, California
Reviewed September 25, 2008

This was my second stay at Wingate, this time for three nights. I especially enjoyed the panoramic view from the fifth floor, looking west across the campus of Liberty University, and beyond to the Blue Ridge Mountains. The room was comfortable and clean. The fifth floor is undergoing renovation, which didn't disturb us, other than the smell of carpet glue, which was remedied by keeping the air conditioning turned on while we were there. This is a temporary situation, and we were encouraged that the property is being maintained. The breakfast has expanded to include an egg item and either bacon or sausage. We were also able to make fresh waffles which were pretty tasty. The breakfast area is pleasant and clean. Staff were pleasant. We made use of the business center to print boarding passes, map our sightseeing, and catch up on email. All in all, I really like the location of this hotel and would stay there again.

• Liked — Views, location.
  • Disliked — Only one nightstand on one side of the bed.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Bedminster, PA
Reviewed August 27, 2008

Booked early & rec'd conf.# Called later to check additional dates - well in advance of stay. Manager's proxy NOW requires CC#, or they will cancel resv. If I hadn't called, my reservation would have remained in tact. Don't change policy after booking and before my stay!

Attached picture is from previous stay at this place; try telling your kids for 8 hours in the car that they can go in the pool "when we get there," only to find it closed for a private party! When I book and it says "indoor pool," I assume it's a pool that I have access to - crazy, I know. Imagine if they did that with other amenities: Sorry sir, you can't use the beds in your room because they're in use for a "private party" - doesn't work.

Stayed October 2007
3 Thank semilegal
sehotel, Regional Sales Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lynchburg Liberty University, responded to this review, October 15, 2008
I was as surprised as you were to see the photo of the pool at the Wingate by Wyndham being closed to guests.

We have a new Management Team and no longer allow private pool parties. Our heated indoor swimming pool and Jacuzzi are open to all guests year-round from 7:00 am to 10:00 pm.

In order to guarantee your reservation a valid credit card is required. (We no longer accept a reservation without a credit card.) Reservations must be cancelled by 4:00 pm on the date of arrival.