“Pretty Location, Extremely Friendly Staff, Above Average Breakfast”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Lynchburg Liberty University
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Lynchburg
Richmond, VA
“Pretty Location, Extremely Friendly Staff, Above Average Breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

My colleague and I stayed here on a Saturday night, after working all day. Unfortunately there was a mix-up with the reservation and there was only one bed in the room. I guess all the two-bed rooms were taken (we arrived around 10 p.m.) so they switched us to a suite on the 5th floor with a king bed & sofa bed. Not ideal, but we made do.

Be advised the sofa (pullout) bed is like sleeping on springs with a sheet... there is no discernible mattress pad. However, the king bed was quite comfortable.

The TV and Wi-Fi worked well and we enjoyed having a big desk in the room. The bathroom was reasonably spacious and had nice, upgraded complimentary toiletries. The showerhead has rotating "massage" options.

One of the best things about this hotel, in my opinion, is the impressive complimentary breakfast, which is served until 10 a.m. on weekends. The buffet includes: mini-omelettes, sausage patties, oatmeal, yogurt, cold cereals, oranges, bananas, apples, juices, fresh muffins, Belgian waffle maker, bagels and some things I'm sure I'm forgetting.

To be honest, not all of the food is wonderful, but you shouldn't have any trouble finding at least a few things to please your palate. My buddy didn't care for the pre-made oatmeal and I thought the mini-omelettes were just "okay"... not great, but not bad. The coffee on the other hand, is some of the best I've had in a hotel... not weak, like most lodging facilities.

The breakfast area is spacious and comfortable, and there is a big screen TV showing either news during the week, or sports on the weekends.

The hotel has a fitness room and indoor pool located near the lobby. I didn't make use of them, but I noticed a few guests did.

The hotel is owned by Liberty University, and there's a sign over the front desk in the lobby announcing this fact. The campus is just down the road and I'm guessing there are at least some students included among Wingate's very friendly staff.

Next time I'm passing through Lynchburg, I'll definitely consider staying at this facility again... mainly for the refreshing breakfast!

Room Tip: Higher rooms afford a nicer view. On the weekends, the breakfast area starts getting crowded after 9...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Virginian01
Brian K, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lynchburg Liberty University, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
We appreciate your flexibility by allowing us to upgrade you to one of our Executive Business Suites. (As part of our remodeling this Fall, we will be adding more rooms with 2 Queen Beds.) Glad you enjoyed your breakfast… we try to have something for everyone! I will share your comments with Teresa, our Breakfast Manager. Thanks also for the kind words about our staff, we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Lynchburg!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Fredericksburg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

This was a great property. Pool and hot tub were clean and warm and the staff friendly and helpful!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Thank you for your AWESOME REVIEW of the Wingate Lynchburg… thank you for recognizing that we have a great property and a friendly staff. Glad you have a chance to enjoy our pool and hot tub too!
Springdale, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

Great place to stay,very clean room,excellent customer service,great contiential breakfast..Overall just an excellent place to stay..Highly recommend!!! We stayed two nights and was quite comfortable and happy :)

Room Tip: highly recommend...great place to stay!!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thanks you for HIGHLY RECOMMENDING the Wingate Lynchburg! Our goal is to always exceed guest expectations we appreciate you sharing your great experience. We appreciate your compliments on our clean rooms, excellent customer service, and great continental breakfast and will share them with our staff. We want every guest to experience a Great Wingate Stay!!
Roanoke
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

I stayed at this hotel earlier this week for 1 night (business trip). Check in was pretty fast considering 4 guests showed up at the same time....GRRRR. Anyway, I had stayed at a Wingate in Chrarlotte NC in December, and this hotel was EXACTLY like that one. Every detail was identical. This hotel chain obviously prides itself on cleanliness. I always check the bed mattress for bed bugs/stains before I unpack, etc. As I said, very clean in every area.

The beds are very nice and comfy. I like beds to be slightly firm and that's exactly what I got. The bathroom was very clean as well. Good shower head water pressure. The location of this hotel is really cool. Its up on the mountain across the highway from the main buildings of Liberty University. Great views! My favorite part of the hotel was the hot tub and heated pool. If you stay here before fall kicks in, you have to give both a try! The hot tub had great jets and was a life saver for me (I have a bad back). The pool was heated just enough to be warm. Again give them a try.

Now for my only gripe. The breakfast....not great. Really only the hot part was not good. The bacon was dry and they had what looked like some type of egg omelet thing. It looked gross. Not what I wanted to see after just waking up. The oatmeal was good though, so I had that and yogurt. They do have a fairly good selection of food though.

If I every have to stay in Lynchburg again, I would stay here. Its a great value for what you get!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
We are glad that you had a GREAT STAY with us at the Wingate Lynchburg! Thank you for recognizing the pride that our staff had in our hotel. Our goal is to always exceed guest expectations! Glad you enjoyed the pool and hot tub – they are available year-round for guest enjoyment. We try to offer a variety of breakfast options (both hot & cold) on a daily basis. If you have any suggestions of other breakfast items that you would like us to add, please let us know! THANKS!