Fairfield Inn & Suites Lynchburg Liberty University
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Lynchburg
CHESAPEAKE
“Not so super!”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Location great! Bed super comfy! But----housekeeping needs to do better. Lost a rate savings by reserving room 1 month in advance. Week I went, the rate was $20 less. No wonder they wouldn't give lower rate. Watch the no cancelling warning!!! Never again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

1 Thank NANCY W
Brian K, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lynchburg Liberty University, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
During the month of December we ran a "Holiday Special" with discounted rates for families coming to visit Lynchburg. It sounds like you may have booked with a "3rd Party" web site at a higher rate. (Many of these web sites have a no refund policy.) We always encourage guests to book directly, through our 800# or online through our Wingate web site. If you have any specific problems with Housekeeping we definitely want to know. Our Housekeeping Supervisor will inspect the room that you stayed in and correct any problems. On your next visit, please contact me directly and I will make sure you get the best rate!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Reviewed December 9, 2012

My husband and I booked the Jacuzzi suite....it was with out a doubt...Awesome!!!! We wanted a very relaxing weekend away and that is what we got...the only thing I would suggest, is for the cleaning staff to not disturb on check out day until either 12:00 or after you have left. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We plan on going back again soon!!!

• Stayed December 2012
Brian K, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lynchburg Liberty University, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Glad you had an AWESOME WEEKEND with us here at the Wingate! It is always great to have a weekend away and our Jacuzzi Suite is our most popular room on weekends. Because it takes 20-30 minutes to thoroughly clean a room our Housekeeping Staff arrives at 9:30 am on weekends to get started. Unless there is a “Do Not Disturb” sign, our Housekeepers will typically knock on the door to see what time you would like to have your room serviced. (Because of their outstanding efforts we have the cleanest rooms in town!)
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 8, 2012

We have been staying at the Wingate occasionally for the past four years while our daughter attended Liberty University. We have always found it to be clean and the staff is more than accommodating. It is convenient to the college, shopping and restaurants. The breakfast is very good, nice variety of food and the same lady has been in charge of it since we started going there. One recommendation would be an update on the fitness area. The machines are old and there are only 3 machines. Would love to see some new equipment in the fitness area. Otherwise, I would definitely recommend the Wingate.

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the mountains and college have a beautiful view!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments and for recognizing Teresa, our Breakfast Manager. She really believes in the “Golden Rule -- Do unto others as you would have then do unto you!” This is one of our values for our entire staff at the Wingate. Thanks also for your recommendation on the Fitness Center. We are preparing to make some upgrades next year and we will request that new equipment for our Fitness Center be put on the top of the list! In addition to our current equipment, we also have an agreement in place at Gold’s Gym which allows our guests to use their entire gym for just $5.00 per day.
Mammoth Spring, Arkansas
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I picked this hotel because of the location to a business meeting. There are a lot of hotels in the area that I could have chosen, but the view overlooking the city is fabulous! That being said, the rest was not so great. I did get an AARP discount and the manager upgraded my room to the view side at no cost, which was wonderful.

The employees were pleasant, and I was looking forward to using the gym, but it was very poor quality and the leg and ab press were not usable. The only other equipment was a treadmill and eliptical machine. "Better than nothing" is not high praise.

The actual hotel room was large, and at first glance, was nice, but I did run into some issues: 1.) The small fridge was so noisy I had to unplug it 2.) The hair dryer did not work 3.) There is a scratchy surface on the tub that makes a bath impossible and a shower uncomfortable 4.) The TV did not work properly and kept freezing up and skipping. I called the front desk and they said it was a new system and had a lot of glitches. (Yes, yes it did.)

The check out was at noon according to the info in my room (maybe it had changed?!) and I was continuously harassed by the staff from about 9:00 am on. I even got a call at my home to please remove my things from the room. Since I left before noon - I am guessing they called me when I was having my free breakfast downstairs. Yikes!!! They must have really needed my room! Wow! Would never go there again. Ever.

Room Tip: If you stay at this hotel, in spite of my warnings - get a room on the side that overlooks the city...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for selecting the Wingate for your stay in Lynchburg and I want to apologize for your experience was unsatisfactory. Anytime a guest has a concern, we like to know immediately so that we can correct the problem. (For instance, the Refrigerator and the Hair Dryer that you spoke about has already been replaced.)

We are excited about the many new upgrades here at the Wingate. Recently we refinished all of our tubs and added a non-slip surface to prevent injuries. During your stay we were upgrading our television programming with a new digital signal which increased our television line-up to 150 channels. As part of the remodeling beginning next year, we will be replacing all of our Fitness Center Equipment.

Our conscientious Housekeeping Staff does typically arrive at 9:00 am to begin cleaning rooms and I am sorry that they disturbed you by knocking more than once. We always suggest using a “Do Not Disturb” to ensure that you are not interrupted. Also, with advance notice, we are more than happy to offer a late check-out.

Again we apologize that your experience was not up to our own high standards and hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you better. Please contact me directly so I can set up a reservation at a discounted rate to make up for your inconvenience.