“Block of rooms for our wedding party”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Lynchburg Liberty University
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Lynchburg
A TripAdvisor Member
“Block of rooms for our wedding party”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

My new wife and I stayed at the Windgate on our wedding night and have nothing but the highest praise for every aspect of the Windgate. Many friends and relatives, both local and across the country, gathered for breakfast the next morning. Each and everyone were so very impressed by the staff and facilities, and left with wonderful memories of the whole weekend. You are to be complemented for your wonderful hospitality. Thank you so much!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Brian K, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lynchburg Liberty University, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Thank you for singing the praises of the Wingate Lynchburg…we are glad that we could be a part of the celebration with your family and friends! We appreciate the compliments on the warm hospitality that you received from our staff.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
LOCKPORT
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I have traveled with my family all over the Eastern half of the United States and stayed at various chain hotels. This was the first time I stayed at a chain hotel that did not have a coin operated laundry for the guests. We often go away for a week to 10 days and I most always do a load or 2 of laundry. We had to truck our laundry to a laundromat, which really put a dent in our plans that night. Also, the hotel is kind of off in a isolated part of the city.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Thank you for your suggestions! As part of the remodeling that will be completed by the end of 2014, we will be adding guest laundry facilities complete with washers and dryers. This will make it more convenient for future guests. THANKS!
Florenceville, NB, Canada
Reviewed August 1, 2012

This hotel exceeds all of my expectation each time I stay there. The breakfast and the breakfast staff is simply delightful!

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Our goal is to always exceed guest expectations and we appreciate you letting us know that we did a great job! Thank you for your compliments on our staff!
Dyersburg, Tennessee
Reviewed July 30, 2012

The entire staff from desk clerk to housekeeping were awesome I was here an entire week and have never been treated with such kindness My room was awesome had a wonderful view of the mountains I stayed at the hotel during the day while my husband worked in the area everyone treated me with the up most kindness and respect Trust me when I say I have never been treated
with such kindness and everyone had a smile on their face all day God Bless the folks in Lynchburg, Va Thanks to you all Renee Kelley

Room Tip: Choose a room on the front of the hotel you will for sure get a view of the mountains
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your AWESOME REVIEW of the Wingate Lynchburg! One of our values is the Golden Rule: “Treat others the way you want to be treated.” You can always be expected to be treated with the upmost kindness and respect every time you stay with us!
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I enjoyed my stay. The breakfast was very good and it saved me money so I only had to buy two meals a day instead of three. I also use the excersice facilities and enjoyed it. The only complaint I can remember about my stay is the difficulty I had getting my trash dumped and clean towels. I did not report the issue because housekeeping brought me the towels and dumped my trash can when I asked them to as I was passing them in the hall in the evening.

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Glad you enjoyed your stay along with the wonderful breakfast buffet each morning. Due to water conservation, our Housekeeping Staff typically replaces towels if they are left on the floor, however, your trash should have been dumped when full. We appreciate you letting us know! THANKS!
FREDERICK
Reviewed July 27, 2012

We had never stayed at a Wyndham before. We definitely will stay at one any time we travel, based on our stay. They went out of their way to be accommodating (w walked in and had a room request). The service throughout the hotel (front desk, housekeeping, etc) was outstanding.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

First impressions are EVERYTHING… and we are glad that we made a fantastic first impression at the Wingate Lynchburg and look forward to staying with us again!
HULL
Reviewed July 26, 2012

A great hotel! I was treated like part of the family. One of the attendants at the front desk remembered my name throughout the week. They were always there to offer assistance--answering questions, calling cabs, ect. The breakfast area was always clean and well-stocked. Bed very comfortable.

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Our hope is that you arrive at the Wingate Lynchburg as a GUEST, but leave as a FRIEND. Thank you for your awesome review and for sharing your review for our future friends and guests!