“Gluten Free Breakfast Bar Items!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Lynchburg Liberty University
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Lynchburg
Midlothian, Virginia
“Gluten Free Breakfast Bar Items!”
Reviewed March 22, 2012

Besides price and location, my primary qualifiers for lodging possibilities are a really nice indoor, heated swimming pool and something gluten free on the breakfast bar. This Wingate met 3 of the qualifiers and Director of Sales Brian Knopp's efforts to work with me before our arrival to determine what was safe for me to eat were exceptional.

In addition to having a few gluten free items on the breakfast bar, it included eggs, bacon or sausage, fresh fruit, a variety of sweet breads & juices, oatmeal, fresh waffles, etc. All was kept freshened and hot or cold and the food area itself was clean & well arranged.

The staff were all very pleasant and helpful and my husband and I really like their policy of noting our housekeeper's name on a card in the room. We ran into her as we were leaving the room Saturday morning, chatting a few moments about our weekend linen preferences. I enjoyed the more personalized feeling.

I chose a room with a king size bed and fold out couch for our granddaughter, despite being somewhat anxious about walking around space when the couch was pulled out. There wasn't a huge space between the end of the couch and the desk chair, but it wasn't a problem either. A picture is attached.

The room and bath room were both clean and well kept. There were lots of hard surface spaces plus a luggage rack, ironing board & iron, a nice closet with folding doors. The bath towels were reasonably sized and thick.

The pool area was warm and nicely decorated with tables and chairs scattered around the deck. A good place to eat breakfast. The pool water was warm and the pool large enough for several small groups to splash around without interfering with each other. Another big plus was its opening at 7:00 a.m. My granddaughter and I are early risers so we could play in the pool before going out for the day.

The only negative I have to include is that the pool was closed from Saturday evening until 8:00a.m. Sunday morning. When I asked (okay, I really complained) about it the assisstant manager apologized and said he had no idea when it would reopen. It *did* reopen before we left so we got an hour of splashing in after all, but it would have been nice if he had explained *why* the pool was closed.

Other than that medium blip, I would be very happy to stay there again and I would recommend it to anyone staying in the Lynchburg area.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Springfield, Virginia
Reviewed March 10, 2012

Nice hotel with a very friendly staff. Great view and plenty of good restaurants nearby. Rooms were clean with the exception of the shower. Loved the king size bed and pillows. If not on a budget, I suggest passing on the breakfast. Overall enjoyable stay.

• Stayed March 2012
Richmond, Virginia, United States
Reviewed February 26, 2012

Do not, I mean DO NOT ask for a late checkout, because obviously they have been told to repeat the same lines.... "I'm sorry, we have are completely full tonight, and are under staffed". We stay here 2 or 3 times a year for 3 nights each time, and every time I get the same line, and I swear not to do it again. This time it is sticking.

The hotel itself is reasonable, nice rooms, decent breakfast. Just the staff is mediocre at best.

Room Tip: Get a room on the front of the hotel, otherwise you will be looking at a hill.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
North Plainfield, NJ
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We stay here regularly when we visit family in Lynchburg. The most recent stay was for 6 nights and as usual, everything was great. The room is spacious and while we do not use the pool or the fitness center, it is good they are there and so convenient. The breakfasts are consistently of high quality. Teresa, who is the regular person working on the breakfasts, is a true delight. On our last day, Brian was walking around the breakfast area inquiring about people's night - did they rest well - and thanking each person for staying with them. We always feel like a welcome guest.

Room Tip: Always ask for a view room - those rooms facing the front have a great view of the Liberty campus an...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Ashdad
Reviewed February 10, 2012

they dont change the comforters, very seldom change the shower curtains, staff loud in halls, hair in sink, furniture dusty, overpriced, front desk stand around talking to each other eating lunch. Poor and unprofessional hotel. Housekeeping a joke.

• Stayed February 2012
Marmora, New Jersey
Reviewed January 19, 2012

We have stayed at the Wyndham many times as our daughters have both attended Liberty. Most of our stays have been wonderful, front desk great, breakfast great, location great. However our last stay the room was dirty. There was a sock on the floor and the headboards were full of grease! I surely hope the cleaning staff makes a better effort to not spoil what can be a great place!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank epa0ne
Lambertville, New Jersey
Reviewed November 29, 2011

My wife and I greatly enjoyed our stay at the Wingate by Windham in Lynchburg, VA. I made my reservation ahead of time on the internet, through a 'discount site', but I made an error during my reservation. The front desk staff went out of his way to help me get the bedding configuration we needed for our stay. The entire hotel was beautiful and clean. The views of the Liberty University campus and area mountains are breathtaking.
The indoor pool and hot tub were large, clean and well kept - This was not one of those 'trick photography' hotel pools that looks huge in the advertising pictures! - This really is a big pool !!!
The breakfast was good and the dining area and lobby was kept very clean. The hotel was extremely busy during our stay (two huge tour buses full of basketball players and coaches) but the staff kept the hotel running smoothly and the hallway noise was nonexistent.
Overall our stay was quiet, restful and enjoyable and I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Liberty University campus have the best views.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Brian P
wingatelyn, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lynchburg Liberty University, responded to this review, December 1, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your schedule to respond to Trip Advisor and letting others know of your stay here at the Wingate by Wyndham. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and found the staff and accommadations to your liking. That weekend was a very busy time for us and the three teams we had were awesome, it certainly reflected their school and coaches. I hope you will consider joining our Wyndham Rewards program if you plan to visit us again, it is a great way to earn free nights! Hope to see you again soon.

Sue