“We Loved it and we will be back!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Lynchburg Liberty University
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Lynchburg
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“We Loved it and we will be back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2011

My husband had to take a Intensive class at Liberty University and we decided to stay and Wingate by Wydnham based on the overall rates on Trip Advisor. I am very happy with our choice. We had to stay for 6 nights and the staff was always very helpful. Our room was clean, quite and we had a nice area to work. Internet speed worked great too. Breakfast was really nice, good variety Hot and Cold, the breakfast area was a little bit crowded sometimes because everybody had to leave at the same time but we managed well. Workout area was very small but it was good. Pool was great. My son and I had a lot of fun. Location also was perfect, very close to Liberty University and restaurants and we had a couple of options for shopping too.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view to Liberty University, otherwise you will just see the back of a hill as...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
newnan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2011

I stayed in the Wingate during a one week intensive. Great breakfast. Great business center. Good housekeeping. Kinda expensive and not close to anything. If you can catch a ride to the walmart with one of your classmates, to get some hot pockets or etc., then you dont need anything but breakfast cause there is a microwave and frig in all the rooms. Overall I would stay there again if I was splitting it with someone else. Even when you ask for the distant learning price for liberty university students

Room Tip: If booking directly thru hotel site call directly to the hotel for the Liberty student price.
Richmond, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2011

It's an OKAY stay. There are positives & negatives. The negatives out-weighed the positives for me so I WILL NOT BE BACK!

POSITIVES:
1. JOE was AWESOME! He was very accommodating when the other front desk person told me that a particular room was not available. Joe found just what I wanted.

2. Very close proximity to LU! Walking distance even!

3. Beautiful view.

4. Great breakfast. However, there was no meat on Friday.

5. Nice pool. However, no outlets for laptops or electronics.

NEGATIVES:

1. Front desk person did not greet me, that is until I greeted her first and asked how she was doing!!

2. Bathroom WAS NOT CLEAN. Hair on the floor, mold in the shower. Bathroom door had some sort of paint or discoloration and it looked GROSS!

3. Some staff members (front desk) seemed BOTHERED by doing things that were their job, ie. answering the phones and connecting calls to guest rooms.

4. There were ONLY 2 luggage carts for 5 floors. People were waiting in the lobby for the luggage cart. That was ridiculous. After a three hour road trip, the last thing I wanted to do was wait for a luggage cart!!!

All in all, the hotel wasn't the worst I've stayed in. I would stay here for my next trip, but some staff members have made it a deal breaker for me!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
wingatelyn, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lynchburg Liberty University, responded to this review, June 30, 2011
First of all let me apologize for some of my staff members, I will be sure to bring this review and all its contents to my staff. I am very sorry you did not get the warm welcome that all our guests deserve, as you can see from other reviews that is not our norm. I do appreciate you mentioning Joe by name and his outstand service to you! I commend you for not only mentioning the negative but also praising the positive! This review will give us the opportunity to not only grow but to also improve for the future. If there is anything I can do to sway you in giving us another opportunity to have you as our guest, please do not hesitate to contact me at sue@sehotel.com.
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2011

This hotel is the poster child for southern hospitality :) The staff made me feel like a VIP, very attentive, helpful, and polite to my every request. The hotel itself sits high on a hill; amid lush greenery. The rooms are nicely updated, with extra nice linens and touches (Wolfgang Puck coffee packets, Earl Grey tea, Neutrogena toiletries). I had an extremely comfortable week-long stay here while completing an intensive course at Liberty University (there's a shuttle provided to and from Liberty). The breakfast items were much more than just bagels, and the area is nice and roomy. At first I intended to take on a roommate, but this felt so much like a small getaway for me, that I just decided to indulge by being alone. The pool and spa areas are wonderful, as is the exercise room. All the little touches at this hotel made all the difference and made my stay so relaxing, that I actually felt a little spoiled for not staying at a budget motel. Still, we need our spoils every now and then, don't we? I am SO looking forward to staying here again when I return for my next intensive!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
WOW! What a review I just want to thank you for ALL your kind words and I am so happy you enjoyed your stay here at the Wingate, Lynchburg. It was our peasure to have you and looking forward to your return.
Springbrook Township
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2011

While walking in cities across the US with 2 brain tumors and a walker, I stayed at this hotel. I thoroughly loved my stay! The service from the staff was outstanding and my room was spacious and comfortable. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is traveling through Lynchburg VA on business or for pleasure.

Room Tip: Tell them Harold from HaroldSays referred you
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
wingatelyn, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lynchburg Liberty University, responded to this review, June 25, 2011
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay, it was our pleasure to have you. See you again on your next trip!
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2011

I travel to Lynchburg on business 28 weeks of the year and stay at the Wingate Hotel. The management and staff (Sue, Bryan, Annette, Joe, etc.) are the absolute best! If you have a legitimate need, they will do their best to meet it. Joe gives the best recommendations on restaurants. The amenities from the rooms to the breakfast are great. Monday evenings, free massages are offered by area massage therapists. Stay in a room with a view of the mountains and Liberty University. The sunsets are magnificent! The hotel is mere minutes from the airport, restaurants, shopping, Snowflex, and Liberty University. It is a home away from home and I highly recommend it!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for such kind words, it was our pleasure to have you. The greatest compliment a guest could give to a hotel and its staff is that we made it "your home away from home"!
Fredericksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2011

I have stayed here twice in the past couple of months due to a career / job offer for my daughter.
We stayed in a room that had a view of Liberty University campus and the sunset is beautiful over the mountains.
The amenities are all there, the continental breakfast is good, the staff is friendly and courteous.
It was a quiet stay and I would stay there again. The price was a bit expensive - although in this case, it was covered as part of the job offer expenses.
Total price with tax was $150. If paying on my own, I'd hope to find a somewhat cheaper rate online. It was a bit pricey compared to other similar qualities hotels I've stayed at.

Ask for a view side room.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
wingatelyn, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lynchburg Liberty University, responded to this review, April 1, 2011
Thank you for your time and positive response. We will soon add to our hot full breakfast and we hope that this will add value to our hotel. If you have any suggestions, please feel free to email me at sue@sehotel.com, I always welcome comments and suggestions from my guests.