Hilton Garden Inn Lynchburg
Hampton.com
$93
Travelocity
$124
All reviewsfront deskliberty universitysleep numberbob evansgreat hoteltrain tracksstores and restaurantsthe hotel staffbreakfast staffbusiness centerhot tubstaff was friendlybusiness triplight sleeperchecking inclean hotelconvenient location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 19, 2010

After reading several reviews on Tripadvisor, we decided to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in Lynchburg VA. We were not disappointed. The front check in went smoothly, and the gentleman who was working at the desk was very friendly. We had no problems locating the hotel, and it was fine in all respects. There are many restaurants in the area, which is relatively easy to get around. If you are a light sleeper, you might want to ask for a room in the front of the hotel, as there is an active train line that runs behind the hotel, that trains use at all hours of the day. Overall a fine choice.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
HGILynchburg, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Lynchburg, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2010

Dear Loyal Guest,

Thank you for your business and positive feedback. We greatly appreciate you staying with us at the Hilton Garden Inn, Lynchburg, and look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the future!

Kind Regards

Reviewed September 18, 2010

Doesn't the Hilton have "signature" beds? Usually they are plush, One thing I noticed on ours was this mattress with a faux sheep skin top. It had the sheet directly on top of it with no mattress pad which seemed a bit unsanitary to me. My husband had a terrible night's sleep and complained. I slept fine. We just don't remember a mattress with faux sheep skin....we remember pillow top mattressses. Maybe we need to request a room with this next time?
We stayed a the Hilton Garden Southpoint and the beds weren't like this. Just curious if this is something new?

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear Loyal Guest,

You are correct when you mention our "Signature" beds. All of our beds here at the Hilton Garden Inn, Lynchburg are in fact the Garden Sleep System (GSS) Beds. The faux sheep skin that you are referring to is actually a topper made of 100% all natural Australian virgin wool designed to wick moisture away from your body - keeping you warm in the winter and cool in the summer. Directly underneath the wool cover is a 3 inch foam topper that encases the air-foam cylinders to further cradle and distribute each individual's weight evenly. Each component of the GSS Bed, from the individual air cylinders that conform precisely to your body shape...to the patented air valves that automatically adjust air volume in the cylinders, is designed to give you the pressure free sleep support you need.

With all that being said, I do sincerely apologize that your husband had trouble sleeping - please allow one of our staff to demonstrate how to adjust the air volume in the cylinders during your next stay. This may improve his comfort level dramatically depending on his preference of firmness/softness. We will do whatever we can to help improve on you and your husband's last experience here at the HGI Lynchburg. If there is anything further that we can do to make your next visit more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Thank you for your business and your valued feedback. It is greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Reviewed July 26, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn over the holidays of 2009 (I'm a bit late in writing the review). The building is just a few years old so the rooms are nice and clean. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The fitness room is basic, but met all my needs. My one complaint would be the complimentary airport shuttle service. We found the service was complimentary, except when you take the 6 am Delta flight. Instead the Hilton booked us a taxi which was $10 for the two mile drive. Yikes! Lynchburg is not a large airport and if you offer complimentary airport shuttle service, then please do so for ALL the flights.
We recently stayed at another hotel in Lynchburg (maybe $10-$20 cheaper) and ended up regretting it. We wish we would have paid the extra little bit at stayed at the Hilton. We will be back - but not when we have an early morning flight!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
HGILynchburg, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Lynchburg, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2010

Thank you for your kind comments and candid feedback.

I do apologize that the shuttle was unavailable to take you to the airport in the early hours for your flight. Your request has been addressed, and staffing for the shuttle in the early hours will certainly be re-evaluated so that we can continue to improve our guests' experiences. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally if there is anything that I can do for you.

We appreciate your suggestions as we strive to perfect each guest's stay. Thank you for staying with us - we look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed July 6, 2010

I've enjoyed my 2 stays there and have 2 more to go. Would definitely recommend this property to anyone traveling to Lynchburg. Someone mentioned that there are train tracks nearby, but I never heard any trains, have stayed there 2 weeks so far. Very nice desk staff, I would not want to stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 2, 2010

This hotel in Lynchburg, VA is terrific. The place is wonderfully clean, the rooms even smell nice, and are staffed by friendly, helpful people who made a big deal over a preferred traveler.

The facilities are in good shape, they have a nice business center and I love the sleep number beds - that's fun.

The staff in the restuarant were also great.

Did I mentione the place was really clean?

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family