“Best place to stay in Lynchburg, Va”

Hilton Garden Inn Lynchburg
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Lynchburg
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I have stayed at many places in Lynchburg, the Wingate, Holiday Inn downtown, the Courtyard but now will not ever stay anywhere when I come visit my parents but here at the Hilton Garden Inn. Not only is the property gorgeous, but everyone on the staff was helpful, kind and very professional. The room was perfect, breakfast was extrordinary and everyone went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed. This hotel is exceptional in every way!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Andrew M, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Lynchburg, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Thank you for staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Lynchburg! It is such a pleasure to hear how much you enjoyed yourself while staying with us. Thank you for your candid comments as well. We do our best to serve every guest that walks through our doors with top notch service. We look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again in the future!

Reviewed October 5, 2012

This Hilton Garden Inn lives up to the excellent standards Hilton is known for. The hotel is clean. The staff is friendly and accommodating. The restaurant is great. Pool and hot tub were clean and inviting. We drove over forty miles off the Blue Ridge Parkway to stay here. It was worth the drive! We did stay on the back side of the hotel near the train track and we did hear it occasionally, but it didn't keep us awake.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Andrew M, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Lynchburg, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Thank you so much for staying at the Hilton Garden Inn - Lynchburg! It is so wonderful to hear how much you enjoyed your stay, let alone driving 40 miles out of the way just to give us the opportunity to serve you and your family. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed September 10, 2012

This is what hotels should be about - good and convenient facilities, great staff and clean and comfortable rooms.

This hotel is located in Wards Ave, close to University and shops. Has a good exercise room, laundering facilities, good (free) wi-fi connection and good business center.

Will definately stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Andrew M, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Lynchburg, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Thank you for staying at the Hilton Garden Inn - Lynchburg. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us so much. Thank you for your candid comments and compliments. We as a hotel strive to be the best that we can be every day and seeing how pleased you were with your stay helps push us even more to offer the ultimate guest experience to everyone. We look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

I really can't say enough good things about this HGI. The staff, particularly the restaurant manager, was extremely welcoming and was very helpful.

The hotel itself is in great shape and a great location. Will definitely return.

Thanks!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for staying at the Hilton Garden Inn - Lynchburg. It is a such a joy to see how much you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for your candid compliments, especially towards the staff. Our staff strives every day to serve every guest to the best of their ability and to go above and beyond in service as much as possible. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you and your family again in the future.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Pulled in here after a long day of driving. Made last minute reservations. Located conveniently to highway.
Good value and a better restaurant for breakfast with hot breakfast from the menu which may cost a little more than the free breakfasts at other hotels but can be negotiated in the rate.

Hotel is clean and comfortable. We had a jr suite so our 16 yr old son could sleep in the pullout sofa bed in a seperate section of the room.

Room Tip: Ask for AAA rate or the rate with breakfast included.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for staying at the Hilton Garden Inn - Lynchburg. It is great to see that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your candid comments as well. We look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again in the future!

Reviewed August 25, 2012

This is a very nice facility with a very welcoming staff. The room was clean and in good condition. We enjoyed the meals in the restaurant. The indoor pool was nice although the water was a bit hot for the summer season. The main caveat at this hotel is it is located by the train tracks, and the trains run by all night long. The hotel was full the night we stayed so changing rooms was not an option. On this visit, I decided to try a new approach to the train problem. I put Macks ear plugs in my ears and this screened out the noise. Don't leave home without them if you're staying at this hotel. The train track rooms should probably be discounted when guests are stuck with them since the quality of the experience is certainly impacted.

Room Tip: Request room away from trains if hotel isn't full.
1  Thank Happycamper024
Andrew M, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lynchburg, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Thank you for staying at the Hilton Garden Inn - Lynchburg. It is great to see that you enjoyed your stay and are a repeat guest. Thank you for your candid comments as well. We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Sales Manager

Reviewed August 21, 2012

It's strange, I stay in hotels 150 to 180 nights per year for work. One would think they would try to at least acknowledge someone like me. As a Hilton Honors
gold Member with 55 stays this year, only 5 more to go for Diamond, I get the feeling they feel I'm pot committed now. I tried to make a reservation for this property on HHonors.com for a 5 day trip, only it wasn't available for my dates. I went to a travel site, the same property showed available. I called the hotel. The supervisor I spoke to said, "Those sites buys up rooms, but if we oversell you will not be allowed to check in." WHAT? I asked, Can you book me over the phone, she said "yes, but you might have to check out of your room and then back in." WHAT? Okay whatever. I made the reservation. My conformation said my stay was missing one day in the middle. I called back, She said, "Yes, you'll need to leave the holtel and came back one day later. I'm not upset about not staying there. I've called and written customercare and found, they don't, care. They don't answer emails and the results of phone calls go unsatisified. I think the information was wrong about oversold rooms from web sites get turned away. I will stay somewhere else that trip, but answer me.

2  Thank bigwheel2us
Andrew M, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lynchburg, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Thank you for your candid comments in regards to your most recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn - Lynchburg. I sincerely apologize on behalf of myself and the hotel for the issues that you encountered when making reservations at our establishment. We never like to see a guest upset about their stay with us or leave unsatisfied. If you so desire, I would love to speak with you more about this challenge that you encountered when you were here. Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Sales Manager