“Nothing to write home about”
Review of Charleys

Charleys
Ranked #51 of 321 Restaurants in Lynchburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 23, 2012

My hopes were high, having been steered to Charleys by a couple of locals who said it was the best restaurant in town. I could see the potential. The ambiance was fine, but the food missed the mark. We were here for lunch so one would hope that there would be some attention to detail. Two in my group order the petit filets. Petit is an understatement. None of us had seen anything like it. Not a plump filet like one would expect, but a small, flat, tough peice of meat. We wondered if perhaps they ran out of filets and this was some type of substitute. The others in our group order sandwiches which were unremarkable. For the money, I would have expected more. On a positive note, the french fries (the side to the sandwiches) were very good and the waitress was friendly.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

Went to “Charley’s” during “Lynchburg Restaurant Week”. A once a year event where participating restaurants put together a special 3 course meal for one low price. In Charley’s case, you received an appetizer, main course and dessert for the low price of $15.00. Nothing on the special menu appealed to me so I ordered their chicken salad sandwich which was described on their menu as “Our famous chicken salad on toasted seven grain with lettuce and tomato”. This thing was awful. It had to be the driest sandwich I have ever eaten, maybe due to the bread being burnt. The service was the same as the sandwich. Not that the waiter wasn’t trying. We could see him running all over the place waiting on tables. I guess they just didn’t have enough waiters and waitresses to go around. Now to be fair, the wife enjoyed her food. And I guess the majority of people must like this place because the it was packed. I will only go back if the wife makes me take her.

Reviewed May 14, 2012

The atmosphere is good, and the place looks clean. Prices are reasonable, but portions a bit small (not necessarily bad having smaller portions, just making an observation). Service was not great, but not bad. Food quality was not great, but not bad. I have to call it a draw, and would have to return and try something else from the menu.

Reviewed May 12, 2012

Cold food unless you buy a steak. Service slow not very willing to please customers. At least not me. I waited for ever for my food and it was cold. hard to get a refill on a drink

Reviewed February 21, 2012

Making a reservation can be helpful since there can be a lot of people who goes to this restaurant