“Never tried the food...”

Outback Steak House
Ranked #221 of 325 Restaurants in Lynchburg
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

Was seated on a Sunday afternoon while the place was almost empty. Waited almost 45 minutes no server ever came. The girl serving the table beside us would just look at us...it was actually comical.

Manager asked us on the way out if out dinner was good. I said I didn't know I hadn't even gotten a glass of water yet.

Last time for me.

3  Thank MrJoeWhite

Reviewed December 25, 2012

We have 4 families that have gone to Outback just about every Xmas eve after church every year for as long as I can remember. There are usually 20 +\- of us w/ all the kids.

Because it's a large group & it's Xmas eve, we are usually pretty easy going & forgiving of any shortcomings. This year, both of our servers were very good, however, we all noticed the reduction in our side dish sizes. The salads are especially tiny now served on a plate instead of a bowl. My friend & I both ordered the same size Outback Special & both requested they be cooked medium. When they arrived, mine was black & dry while my buddy's was brown & glistening.

As usual w/ such a large group, the bills are usually mixed up & we laugh about it & leave it up to the wives to straighten them out while the men-folk head to the bar for an after-dinner beer. While sitting at the corner of the bar, one of our group asked a foreign exchange student in our group standing at the corner but next to another patron whether he had seen a particular movie. This young man is a great kid but his English is not. 100% as expected and he dresses a little European sometimes. This patron (who was obviously a regular there which I observed from his rapport w/ the bartender) asked my friend next to me was he talking to him which my friend assured him he was not. This patron then made a very derogatory remark about this foreign young man who had not spoken a word to him but was only standing there. When we told this patron that was uncalled for, a war of words escalated & this patron started making physical threats. When the bartender & manager intervened, they only tried to separate us rather than ask this jerk to leave we are guessing b/c he is a "regular" even though we have a group who regularly does this tradition every Xmas and we spend an average of $150/ family. We would have left immediately but we were still trying to get our bills straightened out. This jerk still kept running his mouth and still the manager let him stay.

Needless to say, we will not be back & will be starting a new tradition next Christmas. If you are looking for mediocre food w/ small sides, good service & a barroom brawl - this is the place for you.

2  Thank GRofVA
Reviewed December 5, 2012

The last 2 times we tried this restaurant we found the atmosphere to be unpleasant , lighting too low, music too loud. Manager on the floor walking around from table to table apologizing for the poor food quality and lack of service instead of being in the kitchen seeing that the food was prepped correctly. Only reason we went back was because we received a gift card for our wedding anniversary , never again .

1  Thank Mike W
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Food was good and server was almost too attentive. We ordered a small steak dinner, tilapia dinner and hamburger.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

When in with a party of 8 including 4 under 7 years old. Initially told 20 minutes. After about 40 minutes wife went to check on status. Hostess said that they paged us and since we did not come up the scratched us off the list. When I went up the smart a@@ hostess re sent the pager and it did not worked. Seeing how this with a manager in the area and not doing anything we left and went up the road to a Ruby Tuesday and had a great meal. Needles to say we will not be going back to any Outbacks again.