“Plenty of food”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet
Reviewed February 7, 2012

Good service; excellent quality food; a bit difficult to maneuver through the food bar as customers entering the restaurant are colliding with those getting their food -- have never understood who designed the traffic pattern here

Reviewed December 27, 2011

GC has the best all you can eat breakfast that I have ever had. I have come to expect ok all you can eat breakfast from other place but GC continually exceed my expectations.

Reviewed October 13, 2011

Went to this restaurant when I was staying in Roanoke for the weekend. What can you say. Decent food at a great price. Buffet is large but you better get there early because there is a big line up at the door for dinner. I am going back in 2 weeks when I go to Greensboro NC.

Reviewed September 15, 2011

This Golden Corral had delicious food and I would definitely return. They had someone to cook your seafood for you right on the spot along with all of the other delicous food you can expect to eat at a Golden Corral. My daughter absolutely loved the cotton candy!

Reviewed August 22, 2011

We ate at this restaurant for lunch after church while visiting our son at college.
The food was very good, too many choices to count so there is something for everyone from the picky eater to the health conscious. Everything was tasty and fresh. I enjoyed the salad bar offerings before settling down with the steak and a variety of home-style veggies: mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, and grilled summer squash medley.
The addition of the chocolate fountain and fresh fruit to the dessert buffet gives a touch of class- just be careful not to splash chocolate onto bystanders, it's easier to do than you might think.
All of that being said, for the cost of the Sunday lunch buffet ($$) be sure your party didn't eat a late breakfast like our college students did. One plate for that price and we could have eaten fast food.

Important tip: it's better to get there before 12:30 because after then it gets really crowded.