“Nice little place”

Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Virginia
“Nice little place”
Reviewed November 26, 2011

Driving through the area and needed a place for lunch. Read some reviews and gave it a try. I thought it would be a simple hometown diner but it was nicer than that. The atmosphere was nice, the food and service were good. Soft instrumental music was playing and set a relaxing mood. The children's menu was taped inside a book and crayons were available for drawing. The children's menu had burgers, chicken, spaghetti, and things like that for about $5. A buttermilk chicken sandwich was about $7. Other types of hot and cold sandwiches as well as burgers were on the menu for about the same price and lower. Salads and fancier entrees like fish and crabcakes were available also. A good variety of food at prices starting around $6. We'll definitely stop here again sometime.

2 Thank eibbed0001

Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“WOW”
Reviewed October 9, 2011

When we stopped at this cafe, we thought it was just another small town Mom and Pop restaurant, but that couldn't be farther from the truth.
The staff were very friendly and proffesional, the decor warm with an old world feel.
The menu had items that you would normally expect at any restaurant, but things that would have been at a more exclusive, and expensive place.
The food was excellent and the portions were more than enough to fill you up. The prices were very resonable.
If I am ever that way again this is one place I will most assuredly stop and enjoy.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank Nikley
“Good place to stop for lunch”
Reviewed August 19, 2011

I stopped in on a whim coming south from Charlottesville. The place is a normal mom and pop joint. I asked for sweet tea and when I took a big gulp it was not sweet tea. the waitress should have warned me. I ordered the fish and chips and it was delicious and the service was average . all in all the place was average.

afton, virgina
“I love this restaurant!”
Reviewed February 13, 2011

I have been to the Lovingston Cafe several times and am always impressed with the quality of the food. My favorite item on the menu is the bratwurst, which is made fresh in the kitchen. My husband loves the smoked trout and some of the desserts are the best around. This is a family owned restaurant and the owners are almost always on the floor, as a result the service is excellent. But the Lovingston Cafe has a cozy, neighborhood feel and I always have the feeling that no one is a stranger at the Lovingston Cafe.

• Visited December 2010
Washington D.C.
“Poor service, unclean and food horrible”
Reviewed November 14, 2010

My fiance and I were starving, we were in an unfamiliar area and we saw a fairly full parking lot in front of Lovingston Cafe so we figured it would be a safe choice, we were horribly mistaken. My drink had a mystery crust floating around in it, I returned it and got a new glass, with no offer to comp the disgusting drink. We wanted to leave after that but decided to proceed. Our food came I ordered a fried chicken sandwich and I had specifically requested no side pickle, there was a side pickle. Now the fact tat it was there it was not what got me it was the waitress telling me as she gave me my plate that she told them no pickle then asked if I wanted to send it back. Why would the plate be brought out to me if she knew it was wrong it was odd. My fiancé got the trout salad, the trout was cold, not what he expected, which it happens, he found his salad disgusting and did not eat it. Also, the salad dressing was listed as low fat but it was full of sugar. I ate my chicken sandwich, it had a nice crunch but was very bland. Needless to say I wish we left after the floating crust in my drink but we were starving. I would never eat here again, you'll get a better meal at the McDonalds across the street.

3 Thank MadTempix