My husband and I live about an hour away from Stone Manor in the the suburbs and wanted to spend a night relaxing together in a peaceful, rural area without any fuss or excitement. So, for us, this was perfect. I know the place got a mediocre review for not having anything "in walking distance," which I think is unfair, as it is really the customer's job to research the area where you are vacationing. I would never book a cruise or trip to Europe without finding out what is nearby to see and do, so I why would I expect a B 'n' B to "warn me" that it is in a rural location? The point is the B 'N' B experience! Anyway, Spencer and Beth are happy to make suggestions for dining and activities, if you just ask. There is plenty to do within a 15 minute drive.
Upon arrival, we were given a complete tour the home and offered some of Spencer's AMAZING scones (seriously, Spencer has mastered scone making -- not too hard, not too soft, not too sweet, not too boring). We were showed to our room which was homey and comfortable and had a nice garden tub and some of the original stone work.
The best part was, of course, the breakfast! Beth is right, everything does taste better in a puff pastry! The dining table was clearly an elegantly appointed labor of love. Guests are encouraged to get to know one another (being very private people, this was not our favorite, but it isn't crammed down your throat either so just try to relax and enjoy the breakfast!). However, it isn't just the scrumptious food that makes breakfast wonderful, it is also Spencer's BEAUTIFUL singing!
So, if you like rural places with lovely hosts, this is for you! If you want to walk everywhere and see the touristy places, try Harper's Ferry, WV.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stone Manor on Mountain Road is surrounded by fifty vineyards and boasts one of the finest biking roads in the country, luxurious suites, spa products, and beautiful gardens. Stone Manor is known for its rich collection of stained glass windows and the beautiful and productive gardens. The Manor's breakfasts boast homemade jams, jellies, fresh eggs from our own chickens and other locally produced and organic treats. The rooms are richly appointed, with luxurious bathing suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire and Priceline so you can book your Stone Manor Boutique Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stone Manor Vineyard & Orchard Hotel Lovettsville
- Stone Manor Vineyard & Orchard Bed And Breakfast