Stone Manor Vineyard & Orchard is a lovely get-away destination in Northern Virginia's wine country; it's also close enough to Civil War sites to be a base for exploring them. We stayed five nights and visited Manassas, Antietam, Harper's Ferry and Gettysburg, as well as sampling wines (various vineyards), spirits (@ Catoctin Distillery), farm foods and handicrafts (a weekend festival).
The country is beautiful. Spencer and Beth, are kind, solicitous innkeepers, and provide ample breakfasts, with numerous courses to try. Probably the best scones ever. Fine yum factor. In the evening, gather in the kitchen for a glass of wine or cup of tea. Lots of good local food, both near and far. We chose the East Wing Suite, in the oldest section of this home. Lovely.
If you can only go one one day-trip outing, go to Harper's Ferry--for its beauty and history.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stone Manor on Mountain Road is surrounded by five vineyards and boasts one of the finest biking roads in the country, luxurious suites, spa products, and beautiful gardens. Stone Manor is known for its rich collection of stained glass windows and the beautiful and productive gardens. The Manor's breakfasts boast homemade jams, jellies, fresh eggs from our own animals and other locally produced and organic treats. The rooms are richly appointed, with luxurious bathing suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Stone Manor Vineyard & Orchard B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stone Manor Vineyard & Orchard Hotel Lovettsville
- Stone Manor Vineyard & Orchard Bed And Breakfast