I made phone reservations with Beth to spend two days at the manor as a surprise for my wife's birthday. She was delightful to talk to and made me feel our visit was going to be an exceptional one. Beth and Spencer were gone for the day when we arrived but we were greeted by John, Crystal and Robin who took time away from making up rooms to give us a tour of the house. Robin served a complimentary glass of wine and we relaxed in the kitchen area, snacking on home made scones. Robin suggested Magnolia's for dinner and phoned for the necessary reservations. It turned out to be an excellent choice. We learned the manor had hosted a wedding over the weekend which likely made the house a bit more messy than usual and accounted for the staff working hard to get the place cleaned and ready when we arrived at 3:00 on Sunday afternoon. There was an objectional strong odor of pinesol or other cleaning product throughout the house and we hoped this was due to the wedding cleanup and not a usual everyday occurance.
Breakfast the next morning was at 8:30 and guests should be advised to arrive at or a little before that time since the food was all laid out on the table 5 to 10 minutes before. It was a chilly morning but the dining room ceiling fans were on with the result the pancakes and bacon were cold and the egg and potato dishes were just warm. A suggestion would be for the food to be served hot after the guests are seated which would have been a simple matter since we were only two couples that morning.
Spencer introduced himself briefly at breakfast before departing for the day but we did not meet Beth.
We spent a lovely morning in Harper's Ferry on John's suggestion and the afternoon visiting two wine tasting vinyards. Hillsborough vinyard was the best, sitting on the patio with our wine and a wedge of cheese. Usually, B&Bs we stay at have the room tidied up and the bed made when we are out during the day but, apparently, this is not customary at Stone Manor.
We headed off to the Market Table restaurant on Monday evening but it was closed and we ended up at Andy's which I would not recommend.
The next morning we were joined by a third couple for breakfast and enjoyed a lively conversation with them. However, the food was again laid out before 8:30 and was cold before we could start. Spencer sat with us for half an hour or so and we appreciated his company. I was anxious to meet Beth after our nice phone conversation but she did not join us. I did not see or meet her the two days we were there.
Our stay was quiet and relaxing in a beautiful setting. We stayed in the turrent room and really liked the huge shower and ample double basin sink area. The bed was quite comfortable as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stone Manor on Mountain Road is surrounded by five vineyards and boasts one of the finest biking roads in the country, luxurious suites, spa products, and beautiful gardens. Stone Manor is known for its rich collection of stained glass windows and the beautiful and productive gardens. The Manor's breakfasts boast homemade jams, jellies, fresh eggs from our own animals and other locally produced and organic treats. The rooms are richly appointed, with luxurious bathing suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Hotwire so you can book your Stone Manor Vineyard & Orchard B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stone Manor Vineyard & Orchard Bed And Breakfast
- Stone Manor Vineyard & Orchard Hotel Lovettsville