My fiance and I visited with Spencer and Beth on a gift from my fiance's son and did he make a great choice! It's located west of Fairfax but an easy drive out the Dulles Toll Rd. to Rt. 9. The original stone house was built in 1908 and has been expanded by 6,000 sq ft. As you arrive, you are amazed at the size and beauty of the finished house that sits on about 12 acres with a detached party/reception room. Around the backside of the mowed yard surrounding the property you encounter the dozen free range hens who provide the eggs for the breakfast. They all have names and personalities and are fed at time by hand as they come waddling over for a treat.
We stayed in the peacock room which was a beautiful blue room probably 20x20 with the room theme carried throughout. It had a kingsized bed, flatscreen tv, huge bathroom with double vanities, a large jacuzzi tub, and a separate double shower with rain showerheads.
Beth makes her own soap which is provided. The bedroom has two balconies, one that looks over the expanded house and the large dining room with a beautiful chandelier and there is also a walkout deck that looks over the yard.
The location is excellent for wine tasting in the area with some fine wineries within 15 minutes We were fortunate to make a great selection of Sunset Hills Winery.
It is a short drive into Purcelville and Spencer and Beth have directions printed to restaurants and activities of interest.
This was a great getaway and one we will return to and explore the other over 25 wineries and seasonal events.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stone Manor on Mountain Road is surrounded by five vineyards and boasts one of the finest biking roads in the country, luxurious suites, spa products, and beautiful gardens. Stone Manor is known for its rich collection of stained glass windows and the beautiful and productive gardens. The Manor's breakfasts boast homemade jams, jellies, fresh eggs from our own animals and other locally produced and organic treats. The rooms are richly appointed, with luxurious bathing suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Stone Manor Boutique Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stone Manor Vineyard & Orchard Hotel Lovettsville
- Stone Manor Vineyard & Orchard Bed And Breakfast