“Worth checking out”
Review of Mad Horse Brew Pub

Mad Horse Brew Pub
Cuisines: American, Pub, Brew Pub
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

First it was a little hard to get over that this place was a funeral home and we said goodbye to some close relatives there. But we were happy to see the decor has changed and it's pretty nice inside. Typical bar food. They only have ovens not fryers so be prepared to wait for food. The beer is pretty good too. We've only been there twice but both times they were under staffed.

There are newer reviews for Mad Horse Brew Pub

Reviewed May 29, 2014

this pub does have a good selection of craft beers and the food is decent but the service stinks for the most part. if you happen to catch the bartender's eye, you can order something, be it drink or food, but you may have to wait quite a while if its crowded. table seating could use some definite improvement -- tacky chairs and tables in a warehouse setting does not do it for a lot of us.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Trying to keep everyone in our group interested, our fourth stop on a beautiful Saturday in Virginia wine country was at Mad Horse Brew Pub to do a beer tasting. I am not a big beer drinker but my husband loves the stuff. I had Google mapped the location prior to our visit and all I could find at the mapped address was a funeral home. When we arrived the first thing I asked was this a funeral home and it was – we had a good laugh. We had our tasting and my hubby bought a growler – so I guess it must be tasty. Good times!

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I live in Maryland but I hike in Virginia often. I prefer to take scenic back roads home, which led me to discover the Mad Horse Inn. Now it is a tradition for me to stop here after a day of hiking. The Mad Horse's selection of house brews always hit the spot. I cannot review the food, since I stick to the refreshing liquids. I'm very glad this oasis has materialized.

Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

We checked out Mad Horse this weekend and it is a nice neighborhood brew pub. I had an excellent IPA and my partner had the root beer which he said was very good. I also had a bratwurst which was OK. Saturday nights they have live music. Check out the Mad Horse next time you are in Lovettsville.