“Oasis”

Cuisines: American, Pub, Brew Pub
Maryland
“Oasis”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I live in Maryland but I hike in Virginia often. I prefer to take scenic back roads home, which led me to discover the Mad Horse Inn. Now it is a tradition for me to stop here after a day of hiking. The Mad Horse's selection of house brews always hit the spot. I cannot review the food, since I stick to the refreshing liquids. I'm very glad this oasis has materialized.

• Visited November 2013

Lovettsville, Virginia
“Nice local Brew Pub”
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

We checked out Mad Horse this weekend and it is a nice neighborhood brew pub. I had an excellent IPA and my partner had the root beer which he said was very good. I also had a bratwurst which was OK. Saturday nights they have live music. Check out the Mad Horse next time you are in Lovettsville.

• Visited May 2013
Lovettsville, Virginia
“Cool Brews in West Loudoun County”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Want a change from wine tasting in Loudoun County (34 commercial winneries and growing!)? I'd recommend stopping by Mad Horse in Lovettsville. They have quickly developed a small but fine selection of brews to meet most any taste. They have a limited menu offering the 3 times we've been there. They offer local live entertainment occasionally and really enjoyed a very talented singer/guitarist the second time we were there. Check their web site for listings.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Timay11
Phoenix, Arizona
“Wonderful beer, friendly atmosphere, great proprietor!”
Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

Fabulous addition to friendly rural town outside DC! The beer is brewed on premises and amazingly good. They offer a tasting option to give you, in proper tasting order, a sample of their brews for a small price. They even brew birch beer and rootbeer! You can buy a "growler" and take some home, too! Families or date night everyone enjoyed the lovely atmosphere and the beverages. Great bar food included home made Bavarian pretzels! Casual and friendly, they even have free live music Friday & Saturday nights. This is a MUST visit for anyone who loves gorgeous microbrew beer!!