“Sunday Brunch with a helping of Jazz”
Review of Patowmack Farm

Patowmack Farm
Reviewed August 22, 2012

May 6, 2012
The Restaurant At Patowmack Farm was recommended to us by a friend when she hear we would be visiting the DC area.
Sunday Jazz Brunch...We had reservations and upon arriving, they seated us and gave us personalized menus. I had the Soft Carolina Grits Appetizer, poached egg, aged jalapeno vinegar, pancetta, and my husband had the Crispy Pork Hash Appetizer:(red cabbage, roasted beets, baby greens, aged balsamico). Both were plated so beautifully, I took pictures! They had a wonderful jazz duet that played while we ate. It is outside seating and the view is very nice. We walked the grounds to see their farm. This is a great place to eat and worth the drive!

1  Thank Robin P
"menu"
in 7 reviews
"components"

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Beautiful setting, great service, lovely food in a quiet setting. The staff let you linger over dinner and you feel like you are dining at a friend's home. The food is local and organic - often grown on the beautiful farm on the estate and it is truly a unique and special place!

Reviewed April 27, 2012

My wife and I have dined here previously and loved it, we decided to bring some close friends as a surprise for their anniversary. When they received the menus printed with their names and occasion on them, they were oh it is our anniversary, the evening only got better from there. Matt our server was very attentive, the view is incredible and the food was awesome. We ate on a Thursday evening when they do not usually have wine pairings, but upon request Matt selected pairings for each course and were spot on every time. The duck breast, catfish and scallop entrees we selected were delicious. The husband of the other couple can be a little picky, but he cleaned his plate on all three course. When the deserts were served “Happy Anniversary” was written in chocolate on their plates, everyone of the staff came by at some point in the evening to wish them the same. Our friends both said that was THE best meal they have ever eaten. I could not say the same because having eaten here before all my meals have been that good. This a great place to enjoy a great view, good wine, and awesome food. I highly recommend this place for any occasion.

Reviewed November 10, 2011

The drive up the hill to the farm is probably nearly impossible in the winter months, but late in the evening on a clear November night, it was a delight to make it to the top and see the open space and twinkling lights beneath a full blanket of stars. Just walking up we knew we were in for a treat. The service was very good, the drinks clever and tasty and the food was smart, local, and delectable. While we greatly enjoyed most of our plates, the filet with short ribs and yams was the best thing either of us had all night. My entree was a little different than what I thought it would be, and some of the pickling on my vegetables being well overdone. Regardless, the scene, the drinks, the appetizers, most of the entrees, and even the coffee and dessert was wonderful. A beautiful place for a special romantic evening.

See more reviews
Reviewed June 11, 2011

We were a little concerned because of some of the negative reviews, but went ahead and made dinner reservations to celebrate a birthday at Patowmack Farm. I'm so glad we did! Service was very good, and the food was outstanding! The staff went out of the way to make our special occasion memorable, including personalized menus, a profiterole to take home (the profiteroles are AMAZING, by the way), Happy Birthday written on our dessert plate in chocolate, and sincere birthday wishes from pretty much everyone at the restaurant. Definitely give the cocktails a try--mine came with mint literally picked from the garden seconds before. The pork entree was the best pork either of us had ever eaten. The portion sizes were appropriate--we left feeling full but not stuffed. And, of course, the view is amazing. If I had to be picky and find a negative, it would be that the chairs just aren't suited for a two hour dinner and got a little uncomfortable. But that's all I could really criticize about the evening. We will definitely return.