“Going down hill”

Bumpass, Virginia, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Going down hill”
Reviewed April 28, 2012

This place has been mismanaged for years. Now the owner has decided to do away with daily specials, have simple regular and decaf coffees where before there were two different daily brews, he no longer has flavored coffees so you are required to purchase a shot of the flavoring. He is fixing what was not broke. Business will continue to decrease. A great little place will not make it if this continues.

• Visited April 2012

Deerfield, New Hampshire
“An oasis of culture”
Reviewed June 10, 2011

As an out-of-towner who visits Louisa frequently, I was pleasantly surprised by this coffee shop. It is conveniently located on Main Street, with plenty of street parking available.

To be honest, I went in for the Wi-Fi. My parents live in Louisa, and there is still no broadband on the outskirts of town. Weeee-ha! ;) Solid Grounds was like an oasis of culture, and I never wanted to leave

We were waited on promptly by a very friendly woman. Not your average barista, this young lady dressed normally and SMILED.

The coffee was delicious. They had a selection of juices, water, and milk available, as well as frappes and delicious looking baked goods. I tried a brownie with nuts, and it was absolutely delicious. My daughter had a brownie without nuts, and she loved it so much that she finished it. And she never finishes anything!

The ambiance is relaxed and comfortable. There are several tables with chairs as well as sitting areas with cozy couches and easy chairs. I just loved the way it was set up. It's classy without being over-the-top trendy. The decor ranged from kids' drawings to country artisan goods and everything in between.

There was a small stage area set up in a corner, so I assume they have live entertainment at times.

This is a great little place. I hope it can survive in a town like Louisa.

• Visited March 2011
Bristol, England
“Best cup of coffee in Virginia!”
Reviewed November 19, 2010

I loved this coffee shop. the staff, the atmosphere, the ambiance. there were big comfy chairs, magazines, lovely food AND plenty of proper coffee choices. I wanted a coffee as we get in Europe and they gave me a small china cup, just as I wanted, PERFECT!! Hope I get to visit it again

Centreville
“Hooray for Solid Grounds!”
Reviewed March 9, 2009

We have a place on the lake and had not been to Solid Grounds until this past weekend. I was TOTALLY surprised when I opened the door and found this adorable, friendly spot to get a cup of coffee and a treat. I didn't eat anything this time but, looked around at the food others were enjoying and everything looked fabulous! Especially the waffles! Lets help keep them in business by patronizing their cute cafe - Louisa and the Lake have been longing for something like this!