“good but could be better like Pinos in Farmville”

Roma Italian Restaurant & Pizza
Ranked #8 of 20 Restaurants in Louisa
Cuisines: Italian
Charlottesville, Virginia
“good but could be better like Pinos in Farmville”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

for the pricing, the quality could be better and the service is humdrum when it comes to eat in. take out pizzas have been on the down hill slide of not getting better than the last time we ordered.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank l8klife

Louisa, Virginia
“Great Lunch Bargain”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

The lunch special at Romas that I prefer is the 1/2 sub(choose any from the menu) including fries and a drink for $5.95 I believe this is one of the best deals in town. If you are tired of fast food and like a hot meal this is a winner. I took a business client there for lunch today and the food and service were fine.

• Visited September 2012
virginia
“Could be great, yet way not!!!”
Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

Couldn't get my phone to pick up my trip advisor app prior to going to the restaurant...wish I did...the "poor reviews" were right on!! I ordered a green peeper, onion and mushroom calzone...noted to have the traditional ricotta filling on the menu...what I got after my family had been served for 10 min...was a deep dish pizza with pepperoni and sausage...after tracking down the waitress..it took nother 20 minutes to be served....the same deep dish formation...truly not a calzone with only red sauce and mozarella cheese on top with crust on the sides...couldn't even have been confused 4 a stromboli... my kids even noted, "Mom, these are "cheap" noodles" regardung the gummy spaghetti they ordered.....pure ugh!!! My husband's meat ball hoagie, meat looked like they were from a bag from walmart...as the sauce tasted too....overall just sad...with gloomy staff.

Mineral, Virginia
“Not worth your money”
Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

Two adults and three children cost $60.00 for lunch on a Saturday.
Knows nothing about special dietary requests. My mother in law disliked her meal--said it sated funny. It took 25 minutes to get drinks and our appetisers were served with our meals.
Save your money and go somewhere else.

Louisa
“Average or less”
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Roma's used to be very impressive. I think it's been around too long, they cut to many corners, and as a result they server average to poor meals. Years ago I used to love this restaurant and was always thrilled to go there with family and friends. I loved the linguini and clams with white sauce and it used to come with real clams in the shell. Then as years went on they would give a few clams in the shell mixed with the mixed crap out of the can, and now its just the crap out of the can and is horrible.

I actually attended a function there once and saw a waitress come out of the kitchen with about six salads stacked on top of each other and she was hugging them against her chest as she walked through the place on her way to serve them. The site of that made me wonder what actually went on in the kitchen and I didn't eat that evening and have never gone back.

Have heard other nightmare stories since then such as dirt in the salads, obviously unwashed greens, people's credit card numbers being stolen and used, and a few others. Roma's is a disappointment to say the least. Complacency at its worst in my opinion. I wouldn't recommend it! It has been a couple of years since I have been in and I don't know anyone that eats there anymore. The choices in this review won't let me go back any further than May of 11, so am writing here that it has been longer than a year.

• Visited May 2011