“A Gem!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Baltimore MD
“A Gem!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

Let's start with the ambiance...This restaurant oozes with friendliness and comfort. It is chic but at the same time totally relaxed. We were met at the door by the host who shook each of our hands and greeted us like we were old friends. He checked in with us all night long... not with "everything ok" but with suggestions, stories, and just friendly reparte. Sometimes I find this kind of thing intrusive but it wasn't in any way. He sensed the mood of our large party of 8 and was totally in tune. Our waitress was efficient and helpful. They didn't push extra or expensive food on us. They were happy to make substitutions.

We ordered a variety of appetizers and entree's. My favorite was the feta, watermelon, and fresh basil salad. It was an unusual and exceptionally tasty dish.

I had a lamb entee which was tasty...although not exceptional. My wife had a baked chicken entree that was exceptional. It was topped with garlic cloves roasted in wine. They were the consistency of butter and absolutely delicious. The chicken had a crisp herb flavored skin and was juicy and tender. It was excellent. Others in our party enjoyed paella.
The sangria was excellent as well.
The chef came out to talk to us near the end of our meal She was fascinating and also as friendly as can be. She shared stories about herself and the restaurant. She was impressive.

We had an unbelievable caramel apple pecan pie for dessert. We would have loved to go to Floozies next door for more pies and music but they were closed. Floozies is run by Obrigado.

I can't recommend this restaurant enough. It was amazing to find such a sophisticated restaurant in this small town...One of the best restaurant experiences I have ever had... wish they were located in Baltimore where we live!!!

• Visited September 2012

Crozier, Virginia
“Worth the trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

This restaurant is 30 miles from home, but that is not too far to go to eat at such a wonderful restaurant. The food was unique and homemade. My salad was served with a creamy red pepper dressing and homemade tortilla strips that were fabulous! My husband had a panini with basil, mozzarella, and tomato, which was delicious. We look forward to returning to try some other menu items.

• Visited September 2012
McLean VA
“Good Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

First of all, my family fell madly in love with Conor, our waitress. Efficient, witty and just all around good egg.
Secondly, whoever said is worth a trip from Charlottesville hasn't been to Mas, Savor, Petit Pois, Blue Light, Hamilton's, Zinc, Zo Ca Lo, Maya and I could go on and on. Please.
Having said that, the restaurant is very good FOR LOUISA! My fried oysters could not hold a candle to any that I have had in cville. We just ate there on 8/16 and frankly, the only two great things that I can recall that were terrific were the Wild Blue beer and the peanut butter pie (to die for).
Sorry.

• Visited August 2012
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Make the trip to Louisa!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

Everyone in Louisa knows that this is the place to eat, but I am here to tell you that it is worth a trip from Charlottesville or Richmond! The menu is varied and interesting, always tasty. Service is friendly and the decor is inviting. If you haven't been to Obrigado, try it. You will come back!

• Visited August 2012
Sarasota, Florida
“Portuguese cuisine in Louisa,VA ?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

Yes indeed, these folks are delivering good food, and an enjoyable atmosphere. Stop by and see for yourself !

Visited July 2012

Been to Obrigado? Share your experiences!