“Excellent place to stay with Pets!”

Comfort Inn Gunston Corner
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lorton
Florida
“Excellent place to stay with Pets!”
Reviewed July 13, 2009

Great place to stay with a dog! Very friendly and helpfull staff! The hotel is right off I-95 and very easy to access. Plenty of places in the immediate area to get food and drinks. The room was very clean with a very comfortable bed and pillows! The value is great which includes a nice breakfast spread. I would highly recommend.....

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank oscmj

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
carConn
Reviewed May 18, 2009

Hotel staff was very professional, friendly and courteous. Upon check-in I asked if we could get a room on a lower floor and was immediately accomodated to a lower level. Front desk provided information relative to restaurants in the area including menus and directions. Continental breakfast provided the next morning (included in room rate) was more than adequate. Room was very clean and hotel was in a convenient location for us to get the Auto train and easy to find.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
DMoran, General Manager at Comfort Inn Gunston Corner, responded to this review, July 16, 2009
Thank you very much from everyone at the Comfort Inn for your review of our hotel. When your comments were shared with our staff last week it made everyone feel honored that our hard work and attention to detail did not go unnoticed during your stay. We provide all our guests with a 10% discount at our area restaurants and are glad you were able to enjoy the same. Our upgraded hot breakfast that now includes bacon, sausage, and eggs has been a huge hit and is a great start to any morning! We pride ourselves in making sure each and every guest leaves our hotel with the same impression as you, and we all appreciate you taking the time and recognizing our hard work. I personally hope that you find us during your next Auto Train trip and look forward to it.
Boiling Springs, Pa
Reviewed November 18, 2008

I had a wonderful, brief stay at the Comfort Inn. Bathrooms were clean, the breakfast bar was well-stocked, the staff was friendly and helpful.
I told myself when I left that I would take the time to write a brief review. . .that's how good the service, value, and over all experience was.

Stayed November 2008
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed November 17, 2008

I picked this hotel primarily for its proximity to the Auto Train. The room was nice and well-appointed. The front desk was helpful in telling us about dining places (My Korma), and how far the drive was to Gunston Hall (a good place to visit before heading to the Auto Train). There is a tourist information desk in the lobby which was very helpful in providing information for sites all around Virginia.

The only somewhat negative thing I could find--and this is not unique to this hotel--is the dreaded breakfast bar. I am all for doing things cheaper, but the set-up of many hotels serve-yourself breakfast bars leave a lot to be desired. Comfort Inn Gunston Corner is no exception--circular tables take up too much floor space, at times there is not enough seating, coffee service is placed in an area such that it conflicts with other traffic around breakfast bar, etc. Okay, I'm off my high horse on that...

Overall: Very good, just get to breakfast before the crowds!

• Liked — Close to Auto Train
  • Disliked — Breakfast bar chaos
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
Breda
Reviewed October 24, 2008

Good rooms, nice Americian breakfeast, Good P/Q.

• Liked — Room, breakfeast
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Boston MA
Reviewed September 28, 2008

Surprised to read about the smoking/air freashener issues. We've stayed there a few times and always been very good.

• Stayed September 2008
Chicago
Reviewed August 20, 2008

I stay in hotels pretty often, and can say this air "freshener" was excessive. The staff was very helpful. I tried to air out the room, by opening window that was screwed shut, but after two days I had a migraine headache. The location was excellent, I was visiting my daughter around the corner, so I accepted a change in rooms (the housekeeping staff told me sometimes if a room has a particularly bad smell they put a packet or something in the air conditioning unit) The following day I did not use the housekeeping service, and the following day, they came in and SPRAYED! I was up until 2 am trying to open the window again (not particularly safe since it was nailed shut and on the 4th floor)
The staff was 100% great! HOTEL OWNER - BUY A CARPET CLEANER AND CLEAN YOUR HOTEL! Your great staff will undoubtedly get fed up and move on to a great hotel chain! They did make good on their 100% money back guarantee, I got one night free (the night with the migraine trying to open the window) Some people seemed unaffected, but my son-in-law's parents had the same experience ( minus the migraine i think)

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — the smell
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank galadriel2
DMoran, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Gunston Corner, responded to this review, August 26, 2008
The Comfort Inn - Gunston Corner apologizes that your stay was not satisfactory. We take any guest concern very seriously, although I am sorry we could not resolve your needs immediately I am glad you were able to experience our 100% satisfaction policy. Thank you as well for your wonderful compliment on the staff, we all take great pride in our hotel and the relationships we build with our guests. We look forward to the next time you our in Lorton visiting your daughter and only hope you would give us another chance to prove why we are a Gold award winning hotel.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lorton
Hampton Inn Potomac Mills/Woodbridge
Wingate by Wyndham Springfield
Quality Inn near Potomac Mills
Quality Inn near Potomac Mills
#13 of 15 in Woodbridge
Hampton Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Potomac Mills Woodbridge
Embassy Suites by Hilton Springfield

Been to Comfort Inn Gunston Corner? Share your experiences!