“Great Location, Nice Rooms, Good P/Q” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Gunston Corner

Comfort Inn Gunston Corner
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lorton
Breda
“Great Location, Nice Rooms, Good P/Q”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2008

Good rooms, nice Americian breakfeast, Good P/Q.

• Liked — Room, breakfeast
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Boston MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2008

Surprised to read about the smoking/air freashener issues. We've stayed there a few times and always been very good.

• Stayed September 2008
Chicago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2008

I stay in hotels pretty often, and can say this air "freshener" was excessive. The staff was very helpful. I tried to air out the room, by opening window that was screwed shut, but after two days I had a migraine headache. The location was excellent, I was visiting my daughter around the corner, so I accepted a change in rooms (the housekeeping staff told me sometimes if a room has a particularly bad smell they put a packet or something in the air conditioning unit) The following day I did not use the housekeeping service, and the following day, they came in and SPRAYED! I was up until 2 am trying to open the window again (not particularly safe since it was nailed shut and on the 4th floor)
The staff was 100% great! HOTEL OWNER - BUY A CARPET CLEANER AND CLEAN YOUR HOTEL! Your great staff will undoubtedly get fed up and move on to a great hotel chain! They did make good on their 100% money back guarantee, I got one night free (the night with the migraine trying to open the window) Some people seemed unaffected, but my son-in-law's parents had the same experience ( minus the migraine i think)

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — the smell
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
1 Thank galadriel2
DMoran, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Gunston Corner, responded to this review, August 26, 2008
The Comfort Inn - Gunston Corner apologizes that your stay was not satisfactory. We take any guest concern very seriously, although I am sorry we could not resolve your needs immediately I am glad you were able to experience our 100% satisfaction policy. Thank you as well for your wonderful compliment on the staff, we all take great pride in our hotel and the relationships we build with our guests. We look forward to the next time you our in Lorton visiting your daughter and only hope you would give us another chance to prove why we are a Gold award winning hotel.
hollywood, md
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2008

I have been staying at his hotel for five months with my company and it has been nothing less then excellent. The staff was very helpful and the hotel was impressively clean and in order. I have stayed at many hotels and this was by far one of the best yet. I am currently still staying there, but i just thought that you should know how great this hotel really is. Gerald Roy Tuck from MD

Stayed July 2008
Delhi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2008

Having just stayed at the Comfort Inn Gunston Corner, I would be remiss if I did not give this review. My son in law passed suddenly in the West Coast of Africa. My wife and I reside in India with the U.S. Government. My son and his wife reside in India also and my daughter and her late husband in West Africa. The morning I got the news I immediately commenced on the airline reservations of going to West Africa to assist her and escort the body back to Washington D.C. for burial, and getting my son and his wife back also. I did not make any reservations for a hotel and informed my son to take on this task, as I was sure having lived in the area, that he would have no problems with the number of hotels in the area. When we arrived he picked us up and after the formalities at the airport and meeting with the parents of our son in-law, took us to register at the hotel. What I found out later was increadible. Not only was there a National Police Week, a Marine Corps Reunion but Memorial Day and of course, Rolling Thunder. All had long before eaten up all available rooms in a 75 mile radius. The Hotel, where my son had stayed for training a couple of years back, gave us rooms immediately due to his past relations, offered a government discount and "Dan" the manager, impressed me to no end with his managerial and leadership skills. The staff worked like a team, Dan remembered not only our names but every guest that passed by the desk recieved the same personal greeting everytime they came and went, What a memory!! The entire staff were organized, extremely friendly and went way out of thier way to do everything they could to help us during our stay. The rooms were clean and neat, the hallways were always spotless and the breakfast offerings were always well maintained and plentiful. During certain days there were additional spaces set up for the large crowds that were visiting. I was especially impressed with the security arrangements, when various groups of children, visiting and competing in the area stayed by the bus load. Each hallway was guarded all night so that they would be fresh in the morning and not have sneaked out or bothered other guests. Having worked many years in the service industry, I have to say these folks have got thier act together and it is truely evident that Dan has got his folks motivated, working hard and keeping them happy. This hard work in turn results in Guests being very happy!! Thank you Comfort Inn and I will go out of my way to stay at your establishments everytime I need a hotel in the future!!

• Liked — The Staff
  • Disliked — The Iron
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
hartford,ct
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2008

The room smelled like smoke(maybe the last guests), the sheets, the curtains, etc. wallpaper in bathrom peeling, front desk grumpy, carpet dirty, breakfast not up to the usual "free" breakfasts this type of hotel offers. But, close to the metro. No place to eat nearby.

• Disliked — room smelled like smoke
  • Stayed March 2008
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
fford, General Manager at Comfort Inn Gunston Corner, responded to this review, May 9, 2008
Deepest apologies on your recent stay. As Comfort Inn - Gunston Corner is a smoke free hotel, our inability to recognize that a room was smoke damaged by a previous guest is disappointing and unacceptable. Please contact me personally so that I can make amends. Our goal at Comfort Inn - Gunston Corner is 100% Satisfaction and your opinion matters greatly. We share a parking lot with a well established restaurant that is rated on TripAdvisor. With Lorton, Virginia's continued residential and commercial developments underway; several other restaurants are servicing our guests as well as the community. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2008

Town is around the corner from the Auto Train.

Room clean and comfortable. Lobby strictly utilitarian. But, there's no place else so close to the station.

No decent restaurants.

Stayed December 2007
1 Thank Risha1
fford, General Manager at Comfort Inn Gunston Corner, responded to this review, January 25, 2008
Thank you for your evaluation of our guest rooms. Our staff takes a great deal of pride in the cleanliness of our rooms. Recently Lorton Station Town Center has added a number of quality restaurants less than 5 minutes drive. Our Front Desk staff is well versed in there location and menus. The hotel also has a detail listing of restaurants in our Guest Concierge book located at the front desk.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lorton
Quality Inn near Potomac Mills
Comfort Inn Arlington Boulevard
Comfort Inn Arlington Boulevard
#10 of 16 in Falls Church
4.0 of 5 stars 202 reviews

Been to Comfort Inn Gunston Corner? Share your experiences!