“GREAT SERVICE & STAFF”

Comfort Inn Gunston Corner
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lorton
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I was traveling across the country with my 20 month old daughter and decided to stay the night here. What a great decision! The staff here was very accommodating and helpful. The employee working the front desk, a young man who was new to the job, was helpful enough to load my luggage on dolly cart and bring to our room for us bc it was too much for me with my daughter to complete. And another employee Jane, who was managing the breakfast area, was very kind and helpful with helping me store and prepare my daughter's milk, bottles, and freezer packs. I was very worried about how I would manage to carry everything and make it through the night and morning without a frig (my daughter is milk/bottle obsessed) and the employees just took care of everything, without me even asking. Thank you for making that hectic time for me less hectic.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Kory D, General Manager at Comfort Inn Gunston Corner, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2014

Your kind and gracious comments regarding the Hotel facilities and the exceptional service and attention you received from the entire staff are greatly appreciated. Indeed they are all true service oriented professionals. Frankly, my entire team makes my job embarrassingly easy! I have taken the liberty of sharing your comments with them.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Gunston Corner

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I was traveling south on auto train and had a wonderful experience. All of the staff were great, but the 2 who really stood out for me was Lisa at the front desk. She was professional and just a caring person allowing me to check in early as I had driven 8 hours overnight and just needed to sleep. Also a huge round of applause for Jane who reigns over the breakfast area with pride and grace. She really likes to make it special for everyone. Constantly in an unobtrusive way making sure all food and beverages are plentiful and hot, personally offering other items, refilling and still making interesting conversation with all the guests. Yeah for Jane & Lisa jobs well done! Also food was really really tasty. I will definitely stay at this Comfort Inn again. Bridget W

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed October 7, 2013

I booked 2 rooms for 1 night on their website in order to get a promotional rate. Then I had to call the hotel to ask for 1 of them to be handicap-accessible, as this was not an option on the website. They were very accomodating, although the room was up the elevator on 2nd floor. Free breakfast is supposed to go until 9:30. When we came down at 9, lots of the breakfast items were gone/ empty. Cereal, yogurt all gone - Had to ask for some yogurt, which was then provided. Desk did give us late check out at 12, since we were killing time until auto train boarding.Room was nothing special, dated. Bath was clean but no hair conditioner. A/C unit in the wall was noisy. To anyone driving in, try to avoid Washington Beltway at 4:30pm!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank ConnieH440

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Excellent place to stay when traveling with Amtrak's Auto Train! My grandparents booked the night and absolutely loved the staff, the cleanliness of the rooms and location of the property. They had a fully accessible room which was clean, breakfast in the morning and late check out to catch the train. They especially enjoyed Jane and wanted to let everyone know! Thank you Jane for making the stay memorable.

Room Tip: Accessible Rooms are wonderful
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Although this stop was not planned on our itinerary, we were lucky enough to find these accommodations while awaiting our trip south on the Auto Train. The staff - especially Jane in the breakfast area - and the front desk hosts were very pleasant, knowledgable and accommodating. The housekeeping staff were MOST pleasant and one young man had a very difficult and unpleasant cleaning task to perform in a stair well (of which I made him aware but which was not caused by any member of my party) and he did it without complaint and to perfection!!! Thank you, Comfort Inn Gunston Corner, for being there for us and for all of the many travelers on the Auto Train whom you have served for many years!!! Muchas gracias!!!

Room Tip: Have only experienced this one time so cannot make any comparisons. In general, our stay was terrifi...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 21, 2013

I stayed at his hotel for 1 night and had a pretty good experience. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable and the free parking, Wi-Fi and breakfast are always greatly appreciated. The reason this hotel is not getting a higher review, however, is due to an issue with the bathroom.

The shower drain looked horrible; I’ve included a picture to show what it looked like. I showed this picture to the woman at the front desk & asked her if someone could come and clean it. She called housekeeping and said that a guest “claims” the shower drain is not clean. This bothered me, since I had just shown her the picture that proved the drain was not clean, it was not merely a “claim”. The housekeeper was really friendly and explained that it’s a permanent stain due to oxidation, etc. I told her that there should be some type of notice explaining this, because I’m sure future guests will have the same thought I did and assume the drain was not cleaned properly.

Aside from this issue, I would recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 21, 2013

This is the best location for anyone traveling with Amtrak's Auto Train. Breakfast was good and the rooms were nice. All staff I encountered during my stay were happy and friendly. Will stay again if taking the train.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lorton
Hampton Inn Potomac Mills/Woodbridge
Quality Inn near Potomac Mills
Quality Inn near Potomac Mills
#13 of 15 in Woodbridge
Best Western Mount Vernon/Ft. Belvoir

Been to Comfort Inn Gunston Corner? Share your experiences!