“Great stopover before taking the Autotrain”

Comfort Inn Gunston Corner
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lorton
St. Catharines
“Great stopover before taking the Autotrain”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

This hotel was very convenient to the Amtrak Auto Train. There were numerous restaurants and take out places close by with some offering discounts to Comfort Inn guests. The hotel was very clean and the beds comfortable. The staff were very pleasant and most helpful with any questions we had. There was a hot breakfast which had a good variety of items to choose from . What most impressed us was the fact that the manager, Tony Gravley did a morning walkaround to speak to guests to make sure that their stay was satisfactory. This is the first time that we have seen this happen at a Choice property and in our opinion, all of the hotels should implement this. We would definitely choose this hotel the next time that we take the Auto Train or when we are visiting the area.

Room Tip: This hotel allows late and early checkouts which is very convenient when taking the Auto Train since...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Ken W, General Manager at Comfort Inn Gunston Corner, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
We appreciate your positive comments and great recommendation! Thank you! I am delighted that we were able to meet your expectations on the level of service and accommodations. I will certainly share your feedback with my Team. Believe it or not Tony is our Chief Engineer meaning that this effort is really not part of his everyday tasks but he takes that extra effort to make sure our guests are happy which we surely value.

General Manager, Comfort Inn Gunston Corner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Burlington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

I was very disappointed in my recent stay here. We were traveling with our pet and the room we were put in smelled terrible and was not clean. The furniture was very shabby and there was hair in the blankets and in the shower. Plus, the toilet didn't flush and we had to use the hall rest room. I have stayed here before and things were okay but we won't be back again.
La Quinta Hotels welcome me and my pet into any run-of-house room and I greatly appreciate that.

Room Tip: Don't come here with a pet.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Ken W, General Manager at Comfort Inn Gunston Corner, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
First and foremost thank you for taking the time to post this review about our hotel. I apologize from the bottom of my heart that you did not have the experience that our hotel promotes.

As you can read by our comments listed this is most certainly not what the normal level of service is for our property. We maintain very high scores when it comes to both cleanliness and service.

We appreciate your business and want the chance to win you over. I hope that you???ll give us another try!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

We stayed in room 205 on Feb 28. The night manager was great, Jane was helpful at breakfast
Nick the manager shows concern and takes care of the patroons.
Suggestions. Breakfast not healthy. Need less salty Nd sugary foods

Also Air fan blew in a sulfur order. Had to turn fan off.
We would stay GIn

Debbie. LeLand

• Stayed February 2013
Jane is a superstar! Thank you for taking the time to write and share your recent experience with us. It is always nice to hear such wonderful comments about our team and the hotel. I will make sure to share this with my team members.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

I want to commend Excellent staff I filled at home. Thanks for everything I will see you guys next time. I was tired driving to FL and Cinthya was very friendly,helpful person.Her attention to me was excellent she is good add to your team. My overall stay was great. Everything and everybody were terrific!!!

• Stayed March 2013
It is great to see such positive feedback for Cinthya as she is one of more unsung heros of our team. Thank you so much for taking time out to write to us. This really means a lot to me as well as my staff. We are exultant that you really like our hotel. Please come back soon and see us.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

Manager Tony Grayley introduced himself and was very helpful with all our questions. Extremely friendly. Great stay. Accommodations including breakfast were excellent. I would recommend highly. Great access for auto train.

• Stayed February 2013
Tony is excellent! We appreciate your positive comments and great recommendation! Thank you! I am delighted that we were able to meet your expectations on the level of service and accommodations. I will certainly share your feedback with my Team.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I was very satisfied with my stay at the Comfort Inn Gunston Corner in Lorton, VA. The staff was very friendly and helpful. My room was clean, and comfortable! Tony Gravley was kind enough to talk to me in the lobby and cared about my satisfaction at the hotel.
Sincerely, very happy customer

• Stayed February 2013
Awesome news!!! Thank you for taking the time to write and share your recent experience with us. It is always nice to hear such wonderful comments about our team and the hotel. I will make sure to share this with my team members.

East Haven, CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

Everything top shelf. Manager Tony Grayley went out of his way to assist us in use of computer and other ammenities.. Italian fireside restaurant had geart variety with super quality and service.We look forward to our next visit

Room Tip: Book Early for a room on the south side for quiet comfort
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Ken W, General Manager at Comfort Inn Gunston Corner, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write and share your recent experience with us. It is always nice to hear such wonderful comments about our team and the hotel. Fireside is one of our core restaurant choices that we give our guests. Its great to hear such great feedback concerning their service as its a reflection on our hotel as well. I will make sure to share this with my team members.

General Manager, Comfort Inn Gunston Corner
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lorton
Hampton Inn Potomac Mills/Woodbridge
Wingate by Wyndham Springfield
Hampton Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South
Quality Inn near Potomac Mills
Quality Inn near Potomac Mills
#13 of 15 in Woodbridge
Embassy Suites by Hilton Springfield
Candlewood Suites Alexandria - Fort Belvoir

Been to Comfort Inn Gunston Corner? Share your experiences!