“room had everything and big”

Comfort Inn Gunston Corner
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lorton
New York City, New York
“room had everything and big”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

i like how every thing was available wifi an stuff room was clean but the heater was not working so good but i never told anybody untill i checked out and it is close to the train the staff was helpfull my room was 408 and was able to se my car

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Ken W, General Manager at Comfort Inn Gunston Corner, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you so much for taking time out to write to us. This really means a lot to me as well as my staff. We are exultant that you really like our hotel. I will certainly follow up on that heater issue to make sure it is working properly for future guests. Please come back soon and see us again when your in the area.

Ken White
General Manager, Comfort Inn Gunston Corner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Good place to stay. Jane the woman in charge of the breakfast area was wonderful the food was very good. Tony the manager was moving from table to table to check and make sure all the guests had a good experience at the hotel. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013
We appreciate your positive comments and great recommendation! Thank you! I am delighted that we were able to meet your expectations on the level of service and accommodations. I will certainly share your feedback with my Team.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Comfort Inns are usually a good deal when traveling, this one met our needs.
Would stay here again, on our return trip.
I read some reviews on this hotel on here, and I noticed one reviewer claims they were charged $ 150.00 extra for smoking in the room, and they claimed they hadn't smoked in the room. I will be sure to check my billing statement to be certain we weren't charged extra...this happens sometimes, so travelers, BE AWARE and check your billing statements before paying your charge accounts.
If it happens, by all means alert your credit card company, and allow them to deal with the hotel.
Credit card companies are suppose to help the credit account holder.

Room Tip: nothing much to add that was outstanding, average room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Ken W, General Manager at Comfort Inn Gunston Corner, responded to this review, February 4, 2013

In terms of the smoking fee issue we are very careful to not charge someone erroneously for any type of issue if we do not have very good reason to do so. More importantly then a credit card company we make it our mission to solve problems like this for our guests convienance and quite honestly a 150.00 expense source is not something I am willing to loose a valuable customer over.

Ken White
Fairfax, Virginia, United States
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I travel for business and I found this hotel because we use it for relocations. What a pleasant surprise to find 5 star service and quality off of Rte 95. The staff was courteous friendly and helpful as I adjusted to my traveling lifestyle. The room was exactly what I wanted - a King Size bed and a clean shower bath. So many nice things happen and continue to happen as I keep booking. You will really enjoy this happy place!

Room Tip: I have stayed on the 3rd and 4th floor - and all are great. I love a king size bed!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write and share your recent experience with us. It is always nice to hear such wonderful comments about our team and the hotel. I will make sure to share this with my team members.

Johnson City, New York
Reviewed January 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed here this past weekend and the overall stay was OK... nothing fancy but adequate for our needs. However... upon returning home and going through our finances, we noticed the hotel has a $150 charge on my credit card - TWICE - for smoking in the room. Ummm.... we did not smoke in the room, we even asked where the designated smoking area was and froze our butts off!!! I know, it is bad for you and I shouldn't smoke etc... but it is my choice to do so. We followed the rules and are now being penalized for it in the amount of $300 total so far. The worst part about this is we have left 2 messages with the hotel to dispute these charges... and NOTHING. I was told I would hear back within hours and not a word. I am sending something to their corporate headquarters and have alerted my credit cards of the false charges... just stinks a decent stay had to turn out like this... and now I have days of headache ahead of me to try and get my money back for something I should have never been charged with in the first place!

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Central Florida, Florida
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Stayed for one night with hubby and the dog because it was conveniently located near I95 and pet friendly. After a long day of travel, we got to the hotel about 7pm. Check in was quick and our room was located on the first floor because that's where all of the pet friendly rooms are located. Our first room had a substantial number of stains on the carpet, overall looked shabby and was located at the back of the hotel, which I wasn't comfortable with, as we wanted to be closer to the parking lot to keep an eye/ear out for the vehicle. After a significantly long wait at the front desk for a new room key, the second room we were given hadn't even been turned over. Two unmade beds and a pile of dirty linens in the middle of the room. Back to the front desk to ask for yet another room. The third room was shabby as well and some stains on the carpet. Additionally, housekeeping does not have an eye for detail, as there were no facial tissues, no extra rolls of toilet paper and only one face cloth. At this point, we don't care. We had been on the road for 10 hours and needed sleep. Wish I could remember the room number because I'd advice everyone to not accept this room. It was right next to an exit door at the end of the hallway and individuals are continually coming/going from this exit door. The best part is that the door doesn't close quietly...it slams. A call down to the front desk revealed that there is no set time to lock this door to prevent people from entering, as they "like to go out there to smoke." Here's a thought, fix the door. Or better yet, have a designated smoking area outside of the lobby, that way people aren't needlessly going in/out of side entrances and disturbing other guests. We got very little sleep that night, including the dog. Got up and got the heck out of there...didn't even care to try the breakfast.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Savys_Girl
Ken W, General Manager at Comfort Inn Gunston Corner, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
First and foremost please accept my sincere apologies concerning your stay with us. We appreciate your candidness and apologize that we fell short of both your expectations and mine. We will apply your observations to our customer service improvement plan that we are implementing.

We encourage you to return to our location as our goal is to provide a flawless stay. If your travels return you to the Lorton area, In the meantime I would like to make this right with you so I would ask that you contact me at the hotel so we can talk about your experience. We look forward to another opportunity to meet and exceed your expectations.

Hingham, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 24, 2013

The facility is a well cared for 4 star, but the services provided at no extra charge are outstanding equal to 5/6 star hotel.
We were traveling to Florida, and going to take the auto train from Lorton, VA, we chose the Comfort Inn Gunston Corner due to it's location relative to the train station.
We were very pleasantly surprised when we arrived; from the friendly and helpful check in at the front desk, to providing you with a list of local restaurants and recommending one based on what you want to eat, their recommendation was excellent.
The evening we stayed at the Inn, a snow storm blew thru the area and covered the cars and the parking lot, when my wife looked out our room window, she saw two members of the staff, Ken and Greg, cleaning the snow off the guests cars, including our car. We have stayed at 6 star hotels, and never had any other Hotel perform this service without being asked. This is typical of the services provided by the staff at this Comfort Inn. We will definitely stay here in the future, as we travel North and South on the east coast.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
So thoughtful to leave these comments regarding our efforts! I truly thank you for the kind words and will certainly spread them to our team I am delighted that we were able to meet your expectations on the level of service and accommodations and hope to see you next time you travel through... Hopefully we will great you with much better weather next time around!

General Manager, Comfort Inn Gunston Corner
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lorton
Hampton Inn Potomac Mills/Woodbridge
Wingate by Wyndham Springfield
Hampton Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South
Quality Inn near Potomac Mills
Quality Inn near Potomac Mills
#13 of 15 in Woodbridge
Embassy Suites by Hilton Springfield
Candlewood Suites Alexandria - Fort Belvoir

Been to Comfort Inn Gunston Corner? Share your experiences!