“Great staff!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Comfort Inn Gunston Corner
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lorton
“Great staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

The staff at this hotel is great and accommodating. Lisa at the front desk was amazing! My brothers wedding was in ft belvoir and we stayed here. Lisa was so helpful and wet out of her way to help us while we got ready.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ken W, General Manager at Comfort Inn Gunston Corner, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you so much for taking time out to write to us. This really means a lot to me as well as my staff. I will certainly let Lisa know about your experience and share it with our staff. Congrats to your brother on his wedding -- We hope nothing but happiness for them in the future! Please come back soon and see us.

General Manager, Comfort Inn Gunston Corner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Champion, pa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

Reasonable, gives a discount if you are taking auto train. The breakfast is above and beyoned most comfort inns and the dining attandent Jane is the opitimity of service. Four places to eat within walking distance

Room Tip: I always do top floor the end of hall
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ken W, General Manager at Comfort Inn Gunston Corner, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write and share your recent experience with us. It is always nice to hear such wonderful comments about our team and the hotel. I will certainly pass your kind words onto Jane as she loves to hear feedback!

General Manager, Comfort Inn Gunston Corner near Ft. Belvoir
Punta Gorda, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

We have stayed at the comfort inn in Lorton twice a year for the last five years.It is close to the Amtrak auto train and easy access to the freeways. It is very clean and the hotel staff takes very good care of you.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ken W, General Manager at Comfort Inn Gunston Corner, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you so much for your loyalty-- I can not begin to explain how thankful we are for your continued support! Its always great to have our Amtrak family of travelers stay with us -- We appreciate your positive comments and great recommendation! Thank you! I am delighted that we were able to meet your expectations on the level of service and accommodations. I will certainly share your feedback with my Team.

Ken White
Richmond, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

Tony and staff was very friendly. They made me comfortable after a long early morning ride. I would recommend his hotel and staff to anyone.

When I arrived at the Comfort Inn Gunston Corner, I was turned down by several hotels because I was early. Tony's staff told me not to worry. I was able to get quality service and food.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Alvin C
Ken W, General Manager at Comfort Inn Gunston Corner, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
You can always count on us! Thank you for your positive review. I am glad to hear that my Team has made your stay memorable. I will also pass your comments on to Tony personally as I know he would love to hear them!! We appreciate your loyalty and we look forward to your next visit soon.

Windsor, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

Stayed here for five nights while in the area for a wedding. The hotel was clean and had easy access to freeways. The breakfast was very good with lots of choices......this is a real nice addition.
The room was large and well appointed. The pool was also large and very clean. Would recommend for family vacation or business.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ken W, General Manager at Comfort Inn Gunston Corner, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
You can always count on us! Thank you for your positive review. I am glad to hear that my Team has made your stay memorable. We appreciate your loyalty and we look forward to your next visit soon.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel,numerous times and never had a complaint. The staff is professional and friendly. We love it here for the price and convenience to auto train. The hot breakfast is great especially the waffles. I also visited August, 2012 and wonderful new staff in eating area. Very cordial and saw that menu was hot, ready for serving and tasty. The meal will fill you

Room Tip: All rooms are great! If you need any items you forgot in terms of hygiene or dental care they can ac...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time to write and share your recent experience with us. It is always nice to hear such wonderful comments about our team and the hotel. I will make sure to share this with my team members.

General Manager, Comfort Inn Gunston Corner Lorton, VA
Clermont, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

We checked in at night time and the man at the front desk told us to go around back and enter because it would be closer to our rooms. There were 2 doors we had to get through to get into the hotel. I opened the first one and was unpleasently greeted by a centipede, along with other bugs. Then we got into the room and found a spider in the bathtub. Besides the bugs greeting us at the door, when we opened our room door a very unpleaseant stench. It smelled like cigarette smoke (mind you, we requested non-smoking rooms) mixed with a general bad odor. The beds were loud and squeeky, I had to share the bed with my sister and the bed squeeked everytime I moved and it woke her up. I got such and unclean feeling i wanted to turn around, check out and find another hotel, but it was about 1 am and we were driving all day long. It was so bad I didn't want to shower and get into bed, we showered in the moring and got out of there.. We didn't even bother to check out the breakfast, we just wanted out! The leg of one of the chairs looked like it was a chew toy for an animal of some kind. (picture included). I wouldn't recommend a friend to stay here..

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank BBGRL
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lorton
Hampton Inn Potomac Mills/Woodbridge
Embassy Suites by Hilton Springfield
Wingate by Wyndham Springfield
Hampton Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South
Quality Inn near Potomac Mills
Quality Inn near Potomac Mills
#13 of 15 in Woodbridge
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Potomac Mills Woodbridge

Been to Comfort Inn Gunston Corner? Share your experiences!