“Love the Pot Roast!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Fireside Grill - CLOSED

Fireside Grill
Cuisines: American, Bar, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: At Fireside Grill, we are dedicated to bringing you great tasting food, simply prepared using only the finest ingredients. From "House Aged Premium Angus Beef" and Free-Range Chicken grilled over locally sourced seasoned oak logs, to Organic Greens, Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Unsalted Butter, we hand craft our specialties daily to provide you with food that is as good for you as it tastes.
Fairfax, Virginia
“Love the Pot Roast!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

I've been here a bunch of times since they've opened and only get the Pot Roast, it's excellent! And, you really can't find pot roast in many restaurants and it's great old time comfort food and they do it right here. My wife has tried other items most frequently the filet merlot and enjoyed it every time. In the past we've also had the flat breads which are very good. Plenty of parking in the back of the restaurant. Staff has on most occasions been friendly and efficient. Never been here when it's really busy though.

• Visited August 2013

Belleville, Illinois
“Excellent bar, great food, slow-ish service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

Went to Fireside Grill with co-workers (some local, some out-of-towners) after a conference in the area on a Tuesday evening. Happy hour at the bar was a good time with reasonable beer prices. Afterwards a group of eight of us decided to stay and have dinner. There was only one other family eating in the restaurant at the time, but I took 30-45 minutes to get our food after it was ordered. I had the free-range chicken (on a whim) and it was delicious. Even the cooked spinach side was very good and I am usually not a fan of cooked spinach (I said it was a whim!) Others in my group had steaks, ribs, and (of all things) tilapia tacos! Everyone was very happy with their choices and the quality of the food. The price was reasonable for this area and the servers were attentive and courteous. As long as you have the time to spare, this is a good choice to break away from the same-old, same-old.

• Visited August 2013
Springfield, Virginia
“Good bar area”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

I've never been in the restaurant section so I can only speak to the bar area. The appetizers are cheap during happy hour and taste pretty good. The bartender is helpful and nice. Definitely a fun place to unwind after work.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank skdphe
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Fun Bar, BORING Food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

We have been going to the bar for years. The bartender, Sarah is GREAT! The food though is totally uninspired and has had only minimal changes in the six years it has been open. The menu is in CLEAR need of an update. The service in the restaurant is uneven because, like most neighborhood places, it is made of young folks, who are not professional waitstaff. Hey what do you want in Lorton? Anyway.. This basically "ok minus".

Visited July 2013
Lorton, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Overcooked steaks and wads of paper in the bread. Terrible management.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

My son and I went there for a Friday evening meal. There was a wad of paper in the bread and steaks were overcooked. We ordered medium rare and the steaks were well done. For both items, I made the server aware. She smiled and said, "sorry". We put the bread (and paper) aside ate the steaks. I normally would have sent them back, but we had an appointment later that evening.

After we were done, the server asked how everything was. I told her she was very professional, but the paper incident and overcooked food were unacceptable. She had the manager come over. I explained the situation and he said, "We have the bread brought in, so there is nothing we can do about that and you should have sent the steaks back." Honestly, I've never experienced this kind of response.

The bad food was one thing, but the lack of acceptance of responsibility was a head spinning around 360 degree moment. I won't be going back unless they go under new ownership. There are too many choices locally to go a place that makes terrible errors and takes zero accountability.

• Visited July 2013