“A bit out of the way but worth the trip”
Review of El Vaquero West

El Vaquero West
Ranked #10 of 29 Restaurants in Locust Grove
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed November 27, 2013

If you happen to be in the area of Lake of the Woods, this is close by. It's a very small restaurant, but most of the time, they have table space. Good food; nothing fancy so come casual.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

We recently ate here and found it to be okay. I like the location in Orange a little better. I find the food to taste better and the staff to be more friendly there. This one just feels like they want you to leave when you get there; you just feel rushed. The food is decent Mexican for this area, but I found the tamales to have too much corn breading for my taste. I prefer El Monarca on Rt 20. I feel they have better service and ambiance for the same quality food.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

The food is so so, could get better elsewhere. The servers don't care about their patrons and all of their tips apparently go to management. Also, I heard of them giving alcohol to minors from a reliable source.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

You really can't beat this place for value. The food is always good. There is a wide selection. The best thing is the staff. Always friendly, accomodating, and they make you feel at home. The service is rapido.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

This location recently opened. It is right next to the entrance to Lake of the Woods. Heading west on route 3 from Fredericksburg you have to make a u turn at the light. I have only been once and I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food. Chicken enchiladas were yummy, loaded with meat. My husband loved the beef tacos. Can't wait to go back.