1868 Magnolia House Inn
Best Western Plus Inn at Hunt Ridge(Lexington)(Great Value!)
$132
$115
Wingate by Wyndham Lexington(Lexington)(Great Value!)
$101
$141
Country Inn
Best Western Lexington Inn(Lexington)(Great Value!)
$89
$84
$59
Sleep Inn & Suites(Lexington)(Great Value!)
$71
SleepInn
$153
$140
Hampton.com
Comfort Inn Virginia Horse Center(Lexington)(Great Value!)
$99
ComfortInn
Holiday Inn Express Lexington(Lexington)(Great Value!)
HIExpress.com
Robert E Lee Hotel(Lexington)(Great Value!)
$125
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 2, 2010

I am the lady who accompanied vb2387 during her recent stay at Magnolia House Inn. I wish to echo and agree with everything she said in her review. And I would like to underscore that the house is advertised as Victorian, which is an idea that appealed to us, and by Victorian mores what could be more decent or above reproach than two ladies accompanying one another? Why, the very idea. I wish to call the establishment to account regarding their claimed Victoriana.

I would like to add that I certainly felt relief at the date of the house's construction: 1868—this meant we were staying in an edifice that was not built by slave labor. For this I do give thanks.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank jbh4782
Reviewed June 27, 2010

I had gone by myself to Magnolia House Inn two years ago and enjoyed it so much that I went back with my friend when we just needed a rest from everything. This visit, however, was completely different. First, they seemed not to remember me but then made numerous comments about remembering how much I like to drink water, even teasing me about it. (I felt as if I were being rationed on water and called the host on it the last day. He claimed it was a miscommunication.)

My friend and I stayed three nights so we would have two days to relax completely. We did some shopping in town the first day but simply wanted to stay in the second day. Jan came to ask us if we were going out to lunch so the room could be cleaned. I had put the "No service, please" tag on the door, but it was apparently for decoration only. We felt obliged to go out just to be accommodating.

On my first visit, they gushed about hoping I'd come back again for another visit. It was clear they didn't want us to come back this time. We finished breakfast the last morning by 10:00. The room is paid through 12:00. As soon as we were finished, we were asked what time we were leaving. The reasoning was for them to know what time to tell the cleaning woman to come. (Wouldn't it make sense to have her come after check-out time?) We were not encouraged to come back. In fact, when I thanked our hostess for a lovely visit, she simply told us to have a good day.

It was clear we were not wanted back. We certainly weren't any trouble (except that my friend is vegetarian and they made her an omelette with ham by mistake). My only guess is that they have a problem with and made assumptions about two women friends traveling together and sharing a single room. We felt very unwelcomed. They needn't worry; we won't be going back.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank vb2387
Reviewed May 19, 2010

With my nephew graduating from V.M.I, it was a hectic and emotional weekend for our family ( from Ohio and Florida). Our hosts were extremely accommodating, considering we threw them a couple of 'curves' at the last minute, allowing us to have our family graduation party on their front lawn! Most of our family were scattered at other hotels throughout Lexington, but thanks to the graciousness of our hosts and the perfect location in town, we all (19 of us) were able to spend a memorable evening together to celebrate such a joyous occasion! Thank you, Tim and Jan, for all your efforts and for helping to create wonderful memories!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank clfuss
Reviewed May 18, 2010

We just had the treat of going on a weekend getaway. We love B&Bs and we have added Magnolia Inn to our list. The service was wonderful - Tim and Jan were very hospitable and so nice to chat with. The room was a nice getaway and the breakfast was a delicious. It was the best gourmet omelet I have ever had! The dining room made you feel like a true guest! Thanks Tim and Jan! Thanks for the antiquing tips - we had a great day!!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 9, 2010

This is a lovely Bed and Breakfast within walking distance to everything in Lexington. The owners, Tim and Jan, are delightful and welcoming people. Breakfast was spectacular!! Everything was home made, including the assorted jams. We had blueberry french toast, sausage, assorted fresh fruits, and other delicacies one morning and very fancy scrambled eggs, cheese grits, biscuits, etc. the other morning. We were there for our son's law school graduation. As expected, most of the other guests were there for the same reason. It was fun to get to know the other guests at breakfast! There were two public outside sitting areas--the front porch and a second story deck where most of the guest rooms were. We particularly enjoyed the deck as it was just outside our room and it had a coffee/tea station close by. Both afternoons we enjoyed tea while sitting on this deck. Jan and Tim took the time to know all our names, were available if we needed them but remained unobtrusive if we were all set. The rooms were very clean and well cared for. We highly recommend this B&B!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple