“Great for college visits” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Hunt Ridge

BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Hunt Ridge
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Lexington
Wirtz, Virginia
“Great for college visits”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

My daughter and I stayed here during a college tour of mid-Va colleges. The lobby was nice, check-in staff were attentive and friendly, and the rooms and hallways were clean, well-lit and quiet. We felt very safe and comfortable here.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
HuntRidgePlus, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Hunt Ridge, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit. We work closely with the area colleges on all their events. If your daughter does choose a college in the area please let me know if I can help with any future reservations. Parents weekends and other dates can be hard to find hotel rooms and I would be happy to help. Please contact me @ bestwesternlexington@yahoo.com or @ 540-464-1500. Our entire stay strives to offer the best stay possible. We hope see you again soon.

GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Newport News, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

Lobby is very nice but the rooms are tired. Our door looked like someone had tried to kick it in and we had to slam it to get it shut. We could also hear footsteps above us and voices in the next rooms. Definitely not worth the money we paid. They do have a nice restaurant.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank abkleiss
HuntRidgePlus, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Hunt Ridge, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay with us. I want to apologize that there were problems with your stay. We strive for excellence and we fell short during your visit. If I can ever be of assistance please contact me @ 540-464-1500 or @ bestwesternlexington@yahoo.com. Our room décor is showing its age, we will be updating those areas over the next 6-12 months. I will have our staff correct the problem with your door. I am glad you enjoyed our new restaurant The Jolly Ox. We hope to see you again soon.

daman24
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

We have been staying here for several years twice a year for horse shows. We like its location and pet friendliness. They have really made improvements since our last visit. Updated the bathrooms, added a fitness room and we love the free bottled water. The pool and free beverage area 24-7 is nice for our kids. Great staff, they always remember my name. See you again in October!

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank daman24
HuntRidgePlus, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Hunt Ridge, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Thank you for letting us know about you stay with us. We try to offer new amenities and updated features. Our staff cares about our guests and it shows. If I can be of any help please contact me at Bestwesternlexington@yahoo.com or @ 540-464-1500. We get a lot of people coming to the Virginia Horse Center and even offer a special rate for those attending those shows. I am happy you have been staying with us for years and if you ever need anything please let me know.

Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

The man who checked us in gave us a complimentary upgrade on our room. The swim through indoor/outdoor pool is cool, and the room was nice. The pool area needed weeded BADLY, and the beds were quite uncomfortable (hard).

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
HuntRidgePlus, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Hunt Ridge, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. I am happy that you were able to get an upgrade. I apologize that the beds were too hard and the outside pool area was no kept up. We strive for excellence but we dropped the ball with your stay. If I can be of any help in the future please contact me @ bestwesternlexington@yahoo.com or @ 540-464-1500. We will be replacing the last few older beds this fall. I’m glad that you enjoyed the pool, it is an unique area. We hope to see you again soon.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

We stayed at this hotel based on the other positive reviews from TripAdvisor, which have never steered me wrong. When we checked into our room, we pulled up the TripAdvisor site again because we thought we had the wrong hotel. It's only then that we closely read the negative reviews, which were spot on. This hotel is dirty, old, and not at all what I would expect from a Best Western. There was pink slime in the bathtub (which even my kids noticed), hair on the floor, dead bugs and crumbs in the corners of the room, the coffee maker tray had black slime that I didn't notice until I went to get a cup and the plastic was black with slime. The furniture was cheap furniture that was starting to come apart. I don't need fancy, but I do need clean, and seriously question whether our room had been cleaned in a week. When I walked the halls, I saw it was the same thing everywhere, so there was not much point in asking for another room. There were dead bugs hanging from the lighting grates above the room, dirt and crumb in the halls, and the carpet was unraveling in many places. It is the closest I have ever come to walking out of a hotel and if it had not been so late at night, I would have. Do not stay at this hotel. Pay the money to stay at a nicer one or keep driving to another town. I am surprised that Best Western calls this a Plus, let alone allows their name to be on it.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
      Cleanliness
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank Doubletarheel
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Hunt Ridge, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Thank you for your comments. I would like to get more information as to the exact room you occupied and the night of your stay. I have been at this hotel several times in the past few weeks and have not witnessed any of the negative issues you mention. Please contact me directly at cia@rbnet.com or 540-992-4077 so I can get more details.
Gary Purvis
VP of Operations
Dominion Lodging, Inc
Cincinnati
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

Good size well appointed rooms in a nice facility. It is "high end Best Western" and a good value. Breakfast, which I haven't tried yet, is included.

Not much more to say, it is much better than average.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WVUNeal
Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit to Lexington. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. If I can be of any assistance please contact me @ 540-464-1500 or @ bestwesternlexington@yahoo.com. We strive to keep the property up to date and clean, offering the finest customer service in the area. I hope you also enjoyed the breakfast. We hope to see you again soon.

NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

We came to tour W&L, so needed a hotel close by. (We got a great deal by booking with a third party.) Upon entering, we were warmly greeted by the hostess who told us how to get to the school and she explained how the downtown was 'laid out', which was very helpful. Our room was spacious and clean. "Ms Z" made an awesome pot of coffee and was so sweet when I met her the next morning! Breakfast was filling and the person working was very attentive to those who were dining. If our son chooses this school, we will surely be back!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
1 Thank LakesMomNJ
HuntRidgePlus, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Hunt Ridge, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your kind words. We strive to offer the best stay in Lexington. If your son does go to Washington and Lee please let me know some of the school dates such as parents weekend, and homecoming can be hard to find a room. I will be happy to help just contact me @ bestwesternlexington@yahoo.com or @ 540-464-1500. Our restaurant re-opened today which we hope you will try on your next visit. We will also be doing further updates this winter. We hope to see you again.