“Excellent Service from Grace and Sally”

Holiday Inn Express Lexington
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed May 5, 2014

You will instantly feel like you are an old friend when you stop to stay here. Additionally the staff here will go out of their way to help ensure that you are comfortable and have everything you need to be productive.

Thanks

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Tom O, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2014

Dear Shawn S, Thank you for the great comments! We understand that it is our job to make sure "road warriors" like yourself have everything they need to stay efficient and productive while you are travelling. I am glad that our team helped you feel at home. We look forward to serving you again. If there is anything you need prior to your next visit, please feel free to call me personally at 540-463-7351. Tom Osella, General Manager

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Lexington

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Clean and comfortable, friendly front desk, found a room for me even though I checked in early. Breakfast choices were more than adequate. Internet worked well. Decor could use a little updating and you can hear shower in adjoining room, but it really wasn't an issue. Close to VMI and downtown Lexington, but not walking distance.
I would stay here again if traveling to this area.

Room Tip: I was on 3rd floor a few doors from elevator and it was fine.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Holiday Inn Express Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Thanks for staying with us!
I'm glad you mentioned the friendly staff. Our crew work hard each day to insure each guest has a pleasant and comfortable stay. I will make sure they know their work was noticed.
I hope you will visit us again. Downtown Lexington has much to offer especially if you are a history buff.
Let me know if I can assist with future reservations. You may contact me at 540-992-4077 or cia@rbnet.com.
Thanks!
Gary Purvis
VP of Operations
Dominion Lodging, Inc.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Our stay was very satisfactory. Some pros that stood out to us: the continental breakfast (selections were great and restocked frequently), proximity to VMI and downtown Lexington, comfortable beds and spacious, updated bathroom.
This is a good hotel if you are looking to explore Lexington and surrounding areas. Staff was friendly and helpful!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Thanks for staying with us and sharing your comments.
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and the breakfast bar. We are in the process of enlarging our breakfast bar to offer expanded selections. Look for it next time you visit.
Our location is great for visiting parents of VMI or W&L students. Historic downtown is just a short distance as well. There is much history to be found in Lexington.
If you need future reservations, please let me know. I would be glad to help. Contact me at 540-992-4077 or cia@rbnet.com.
Thanks!
Gary Purvis
VP of Operations
Dominion Lodging, Inc.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

I left my phone at the hotel and Susan the receptionist was extremely helpful in returning my phone to me in Tennessee. She even called ups, and handled the transaction for me Thank you very much Susan.

• Stayed: March 2014
DominionLodgingSales, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Thank you for the wonderful review and the big kudos to Susan. We are glad we were able to get your phone back to you. If you are ever in the area again be sure to call us directly to book your room at 540-463-7351.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

The staff was very courteos and friendly. They answered all questions and were available during the time of need. The breakfast bar was pleasant and friendly. The food was hot and
maintained very well. The gallery room was prepared accordingly on a timely basis.

Room Tip: First floor rooms have the easiest access to everything.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

We are glad we were able to help in a time of need. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and everything was set up the way you liked. If you ever need anything from us again please feel free to email me at DLIsalesLEX@gmail.com or call us at 540-463-7351.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

We stayed in a suite with a kitchenette at the Holiday Inn Express in Lexington, VA. The room and bathroom were very clean. The beds are comfortable, but double sized and the pull out sofa bed is twin size so if you have six family members stay in the suite, I highly recommend a rollaway bed as well. There were two flat screen TVs in the suite which was great and the channels were easy to navigate. The breakfast was good. All of the staff that I encountered at the Holiday Inn Express were professional, accommodating and welcoming. We had a medical issue with smokers smoking on our floor at the *Nonsmoking* Wingate by Wyndham down the street the night before. At the Holiday Inn Express, there was not smoke on our floor and we had no issues, even though I think their 4th floor has smoking rooms. We were not affected by it on the 2nd floor. We did not have loud higway noise in our room like how we did at the Wingate and the air conditioning in our suite at the Holiday Inn Express worked superbly compared to the ineffective a/c unit we had in our room at the Wingate down the street. The room down the street also smelled of mildew and was not cleaned properly. We had a quiet, comfortable and restful nights sleep at the Holiday Inn Express and it was well worth the slightly higher room rate. The breakfast is the usual free hotel breakfast fare...it it is filling enough especially since it is free! We had plenty of hot water. We appreciated the free newspaper delivered outside of our room in the morning. The negatives I can think of are that there isn't a safe in the room and that the double size beds aren't queen sized. Some of the wall paper is outdated and the elevator small and the halls cozy, but this is all fine when we were able to sleep so well. I will definitely book here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

We are thrilled you had a wonderful stay with us in our suite. We are the only hotel in Lexington that offers the extended stay suite. We are glad you enjoyed all parts of the hotel including the breakfast and hot water. We try hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and enjoy their entire stay. When you are ready to stay with us again please feel free to call us at 540-463-7351 or if you have any other questions or comments please email me directly at DLIsalesLEX@gmail.com.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

Norma Jean kept the breakfast bar completely stocked at all times. Never ran out of cinnamon rolls, which is quite an accomplishment considering how popular they are. The area was always clean, and many items were available before and after the published hours. The rest of the stay was absolutely up to standards, but the breakfast bar was exceptional.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your review and we will be sure to pass the compliment along to Norma Jean. We are glad you thought so much of our breakfast bar. If you want to come back and stay with us again please feel free to call us at 540-463-7351 or email me directly at DLIsalesLEX@gmail.com for any additional information you may need on the hotel.