“Awesome...best gluten free ever!!!”
Review of Cafe Michel - CLOSED

Cafe Michel
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Located one mile from downtown historic Lexington, Virginia, Cafe Michel is a mix of American cuisine with a French accent. In a casual but elegant relaxed atmosphere, French Chef Michel Galand and wife, Carmen Galand offers local produce, beef, fish and lamb. Fresh seafood is offered for your enjoyment. Chef Michel creates specials daily. Reservations accepted but not required. Casual attire.
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Worth the 2 minute drive from town!!! Cafe Michel does need a gluten friendly menu because the chef personally adjusts one of their meals just for you. I had the best trout with crab with a specially made sauce that was gluten free. I was actually ale to eat desert and the Chef came to talk to me twice to make sure I was satisfied with the meal. Everything was great!!!!! I hope my son chooses VMI so. Can come back often!!!

1  Thank Cheri D

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Friends from Lexington have been raving for ages about a restaurant called Cafe Michel. Not believing that Lexington had anything that could out do Roanoke, I finally agreed to come up for dinner over the weekend -- and I am glad that I did. Cafe Michel was amazing. The food was prepared to perfection, the presentation was excellent, and the service was superb. I can see that I will be burning up the interstate between Roanoke and Lexington more often in the future.

1  Thank roanokecpaguy
Reviewed September 13, 2012

This restaurant was definitely a ray of sunshine during a recent random road trip. After a plethora of disasters traveling through the area, I looked up this restaurant on Trip Advisor, making a promise to my road trip mates that this restaurant will be great. Thankfully it didn't disappoint!

The ambiance of the restaurant was nice. White linen tablecloths and lit candles in each table. We were quickly seated on a Monday evening. Brandon (our server) greeted us and quickly filled our glasses with water and brought bread to the table. The specials included gumbo and prime rib. There was a good selection of seafood and steaks. I ordered the prime rib, a friend ordered the steak au poivre, and another friend ordered the seafood platter.

All our food turned out delicious! My friends and I were so exhausted with the traveling we've done and this meal completely re energized us. My prime rib was incredibly tender and the au jus that accompanied it was so flavorful. The mashed potatoes were light and creamy. My friend loved the crabcakes on her seafood platter, but stated the other portions of her meal was only average. My other friend who ordered the steak ended up finishing her whole meal and loved the juiciness of her steak.

We all ordered different desserts as well. I had a creme brulee cheesecake, my friend had creme brulee, and my other friend had apple pie. I loved my cheesecake. It had the delicious crispy crust of creme brulee on top of creamy cheesecake. My friend's apple pie was good, though it was very similar to bread pudding. My other friend loved the taste of her creme brulee but stated it was a bit too soft, consistent with pudding.

All in all it was a great dinner and it was a highlight on our road trip. Anyone in the area should definitely give it a try.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

I can not say enough glowing things about this restaurant!! The food is superb,the service is flawless, and the ambiance is worth every mile of travel from Roanoke.

1  Thank Chodges7242
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We had a late dinner there and were very happy with the wide selection and relatively moderate prices. The seafood offerings were especially nice. I had a sautéed seafood combination which included a soft-shell crab, scallops and shrimp with a side of pasta. It was delicious, as was my appetizer salad. The portion sizes were generous, especially for such high-quality food, without being ridiculously over-sized.

The atmosphere is a nice cross between formal and casual, with tablecloths and candles but ok to go to in a nice pair of shorts. Service was helpful, well-paced and friendly.

Dinner for the three of us, including drinks, appetizers and entrees (all three were seafood plates) came to $145 including tip.