“Great place to eat if you have the time!”

Southern Inn Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Southern Inn Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 76 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Nelson Street
Description: Located in Historic Lexington, Virginia, Southern Inn Restaurant is a successful mix of casual, but elegant dining. Proprietors George (chef) and Sue Ann Huger offer a contemporary, seasonal menu utilizing local produce, meats and other products, as well as fresh seafood and in-house baked goods.
Dallas, Texas
“Great place to eat if you have the time!”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I've dined at the Southern Inn Restaurant twice, once in 2012 and again in 2013. The food is really very good, we had the baked brie to start, the pasta and fried chicken for our main, and cheesecake for dessert. All were delicious. We did not have any drinks other than soda.

My only complaint is the service. And it's really not the service once you get to the table, it's the hostess service. They seem in no hurry to seat you and really aren't interested in taking your name down for a table. The first time we waited an hour for a table (no reservations) and the second time we waited for 15 mins (with reservations). I thought the first time was an exception as it was a busy Friday night, however I experienced it again during my second visit.

I think the experience would be greatly enhanced if the restaurant sorted out the hostess station situation.

Philadelphia
“Check out this place for lunch”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

My wife went here for lunch. My wife had a Caesar salad which was very good. I had a smoked salmon wrap which also was very tasty. It is a larger place and not as cozy, but the food was good. Worth checking out for lunch.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank levh01
las vegas
“Fresh innovative food and great service”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We had a wonderful meal at the Southern Inn. The house salad was very fresh, made with local produce, came with a homemade blue cheese dressing that was the best I have ever had. It was not thick and clumpy but full of flavor. My entree was a penne pasta with blackened chicken. It was full of fresh vegetables and very tasty. The wine list is extensive and reasonably priced. We had a bottle of Silvas Sonoma Zinfandel that was marvelous. Our server was very knowledgeable and shared her opinions on food choices. We will definitely return

Newburyport, Massachusetts
“Everything was freshly prepared”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I had ordered an excellent beet salad which made a delicious and filling lunch. My husband's reuben sandwich was hot and tasty. The cooks obviously take pride in the food they prepare.

Visited May 2013
Virginia
“A classic renovated”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

In the last decade, many small Virginian towns have blossomed into places where you can find delicious food and interesting places to eat. The Southern Inn is a classic that was renovated after a fire. The result is a fine restaurant that serves delicious food and is a favorite of locals. If you are in the area, drop by. You won't be sorry.