“Totally Awesome”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner
Bangor, Pennsylvania
“Totally Awesome”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

After a long day on the road the front desk clerk at the Hampton recommended eating here, we were starving too. I'm so glad she did. At first it seemed like a college bar and I wasn't sure what to expect. The food at the Palms is over the top good, I'm still raving about the crab dip we had as an appetizer. My steak was tender and full of flavor. Words can't describe how good the coconut pie was either. As soon as I win the lottery I'm going to hire the chef for our personal cook, he was that good.

• Visited June 2014

Floyd, Virginia
“Not Bad, Nothing Special”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Had lunch here. I had Fried Green Tomato BLT and it was tasty. Just nothing special. Atmosphere is dark and it appears to me to be the sort of place that college students...of which Lexington has many...would like to frequent for a bite and a brew. If you're looking for a special dining experience, pass on this one.

• Visited May 2014
Space Coast, Florida
“Excellent Local Establishment, a Must Visit!”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

While visiting my home town, my cousin (also visiting) and I decided to stop by The Palms, a local dining establishment for almost 40 years! It had been years since I'd patronized the place and what a mistake to wait so long! We went one night and then the next day for lunch and it was outstanding both times. We sat at the bar at night and the staff was wonderful. Recommended some local ales and the burgers were excellent! The staff constantly stopped by to see how we were and were very friendly, talking about Lexington and local events. The next day for lunch, some of the same staff were there and quickly remembered us and said hello. Again, another great meal and while leaving, we were acknowledged by either the owner or manager. I will make sure I put The Palms on my plans each visit to Lexington. I remembered when they opened and now see why they are a local favorite, still going strong since 1975!

• Visited April 2014
Charlton, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food & Drink”
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

Nearing the end of the National EMS Week bike ride we were looking for a good place for good food and beverages.
The Palms came highly recommended and did not disappoint. The hostess was pleasant and attentive. Our waitress was very good and always there when we needed her. I got the fish tacos which were amazing, my wife had a grilled chicken salad which was excellent and the portions were more than enough. The others had pizzas and burgers. They were all very happy with their choices. They had a good selection of draft beer for those who were drinking and the waitress kept my diet Pepsi full. None of us had room for dessert but maybe next year !

Cary, North Carolina
“Good food and a menu for everyone”
Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

Ate lunch there and other than there lack of knowledge about food allergies and the response to a question about the hamburger meat (we were told that the hamburgers were 80% meat and 20% additives! what is that!) the lunch was very good.

Visited May 2014