“Clean Comfortable and Friendly”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Lexington
Lewisburg, West Virginia
“Clean Comfortable and Friendly”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Stayed 3 nights. The bed and pillows were comfortable. Nice older motel with real tile bathroom. Not fancy. The staff remade my bed and placed the extra pillow I took from the other bed on top - a nice touch.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
USA
Reviewed July 18, 2012

This place was pretty bad. I travel ALOT and know what to expect from a hotel. I've stayed in worse places, but not many.

The place was expensive. The room I had was meant for 2 beds. At some point, they had removed one of the beds leaving the headboard still attached to the wall. The paneling was coming off of the wall. The room was pretty dirty. I definitely paid too much. And, if you want to check out late it costs extra. Noon will cost you 10$ and 11:30 will cost you 5$.

On the plus side. The bed was comfortable, the air conditioner was cold, and the shower was hot. So, it wasn't ALL bad.

Room Tip: The best rooms would be located at a different hotel.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank jntcm

Travelers are raving about these Lexington hotels

Austin, TX
Reviewed May 14, 2012 via mobile

Woke up this morning to see a bedbug crawling away from my pillow!!!
Apart from the critters the rooms are large, the walls could use some paint. There is wifi and a large TV. But.... Bugs are not acceptable!!!!!

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Faultline
WEST MILFORD
Reviewed October 19, 2010

The room was clean for the most part, but the walls are thin and the neighbors noisy. The bathroom sink water ran brown for 10 minutes. The whole place needs an updating, including the staff who barely speak English except to say "Yes Please" every two minutes. Had I not been tired from my SC drive up, I would have moved on to another hotel. What did I really expect for $60? I did however like the mini-fridge and microwave in the room.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank luvbeej
Reviewed September 24, 2010

This hotel is cheap and clean. Allows pets for $10.00 extra per pet. Owners are very friendly and nice local resturant next door. Easy to get to using bypass 11 outside of downtown Lexington. Only 5 minutes to center of Lexington. This is the place to stay if you are only interested in a place to sleep, nothing fancy just the basics.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
Plymouth, MA
Reviewed January 29, 2010

I'm not sure if it was the moldy carpet from 1978, the stains on the ceiling or the fake wood paneling but I would recommend sleeping in your car before staying at this motel. The only reason I stayed is there was a W&L reunion weekend and it was the only hotel available. Did I mention the bed bug bite..?

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank mef23
nyc
Reviewed December 21, 2009

OMG! The room had a king size bed with stains on the sheets to match. Also, I was scared to death to touch the faucets in the bathroom or take a shower. My husband and I were too tired to go argue for our money back . The clerk at the front desk barely spoke English. We should have just left right then and there when we saw the poor condtion of the check in area. Also, we were told there would be a free breakfast at 8am? People traveling leave much earlier then that. Anyway, probably would have got food poisoning if we dared to stay long enough for breakfast. OH ! and the walls were so thin I could hear the man in the room next to us snoring way louder then my hubby, needless to say I didnt get much sleep.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple