“it was ok -”

Country Cookin
Ranked #20 of 76 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Westchester
“it was ok -”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

Ate here looking for some local southern food. It was ok. I can not remember what I ate - but they had sweet tea - which I wanted. I know I would not bother to come back to it. Was fine as it was for a quick dinner - and thats what we needed.

• Visited July 2012

Shenandoah National Park, Virginia
“Certainly Not One of Our Favorites!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

We should have known by the name of the restaurant, but thought we'd give it a try since friends wanted to go. As we expected, we felt the food was less than appetizing, overcooked, and the place was noisy. There are too many other nice eating establishments in Lexington for us to find our way here.

• Visited June 2012
Winchester, Virginia
“If you are going to only serve a buffet, then you should tend it”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

We went here for breakfast before going to Natural Bridge. This place smelled sooo bad when I walked in, I didn't even want to stay. But... my other experiences in Lexington were not that great so I thought. Can't really screw up a breakfast buffet. We were wrong. Arrived around 9:00 am to find the bar all dried up, and not well stocked. Waffle machine located on a nasty table away from the buffet. Grit and Oatmeal looked like cement and the scrambled eggs were undercooked. No butter, bacon was undercooked, sausage was burnt, sausage gravy looked like mystery wallpaper glue. Don't waste your time or money- Go to Waffle House- at least they are consistant.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank Mistie D
Greensboro, NC
“Nice place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

Compared to other restaurants in the area, this place was very pretty, clean, good service, food good; and free salad/dessert bar with any entree...

Visited July 2012
Buena Vista, Virginia
“Ick.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

I don't understand all the rave reviews for this restaurant at all. It is very noisy, with what seems like a lot of unsupervised kids running around and food that's more institutional than homey. We aren't headed back any time soon. Sure it's cheap, but you get what you pay for.

• Visited February 2012