“Good Food, Pricey”

Cuisines: American
Rockbridge Baths, Virginia
“Good Food, Pricey”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

My wife and I stop in now and then for a burger. Good quality food, but half the time the burgers can come out of the kitchen rare, rather than medium as ordered. The buns come from a bakery in Charlottesville, I was told, and they are far better than one normally finds. Doughnuts are generally very good. Friendly people, pleasent layout in a small building. Prices need to come down. Burgers are at about $9, and I bought 4 average size doughnuts for $5 in November, 2013. I suspect that a downward revision in prices or larger doughnuts and a larger burger "basket" would lead to increased patronage.

• Visited November 2013

Macon, Georgia
“Amazing!”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

My husband and I were in town visiting and we wanted to have dinner but we did not want to spend a fortune on dinner like all the other downtown restaurants. Pure Eats is so reasonable and so amazing. We both had burgers and fries and onion rings, they have the best craft beer selection. The atmosphere is so cute and cozy we couldn't wait to get back. Our waitress was so great she was so attentive to our needs and we thought she owned the place she knew so much about the beef. We spent roughly $30 and it was well worth every penny. We went back the next morning and bought doughnuts. I recommend this place over the fake high class restaurants of downtown Lexington.

• Visited October 2013
Lynchburg, Virginia
“Birthday Lunch”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I decided for my birthday to do something local this year. So I went to the natural bridge zoo, ate snow cones, fed camels and rode an elephant. So I wanted to grab a quick bite to eat before going antiquing. As soon as I saw this place from the rode I knew we were eating here. Only to find out it was a burger joint, I'm a huge fan of burgers! Not only do they have burgers, but craft beers. My dad enjoyed a refreshing beer with our meal (early July weather). I got a veggie burger, I am not a vegetarian but I highly enjoy black bean veggie burgers and got sweet potato fries along with it. I enjoyed the meal so much, loved the decor and atmosphere. At the end of my meal I come to find out they sell doughnuts and I heard they are amazing! I am returning in the near future to try a couple of them! This will defiantly be a new spot I will go to every time I'm near Lexington! I highly recommend this to anyone who loves doughnuts, craft beers and burgers!

• Visited July 2013
Leesburg, Virginia
“Just average and very pricey”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We went here for lunch. It took 3 time to get my burger well done. The waitress said it was a new type of beef and the chef was adjusting? Four burgers, 4 drinks and 3 fries was over $50. If the burgers had been good we wouldn't mind the price so much, but they were greasy. Staff was friendly so that was a plus!

Visited October 2013
Nashville
“Cool Vibe”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Adorable restoration of an old filling station - trendy and fun. Very friendly staff. We liked the local fare - all locally grown and slaughtered beef. The burger was tasty though slightly off scale to the very large bun. The burger's dressing were fresh and cool. The onion rings were yummy. We did wait quite a while for the food, but it ended up being worth the wait. We'll see you again, Pure Eats.

• Visited July 2013