“Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wingate by Wyndham Lexington

Wingate by Wyndham Lexington
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1100 N Lee Hwy, I-81 and I-64, Lexington, VA 24450-3300   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Lexington

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Grimsby, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Our family stayed on a return trip from the southern states. Hotel is clean, comfortable, easy to get to. Nice scenery/view from the room. Staff seem nice and friendly. Drive in movie about 3 minutes north of the hotel provides relaxing entertainment after a long day of driving.

I'd stay here again if I'm in the area

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
Apex, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

After speaking to a couple of different people on the phone when I was booking the room, I thought the employees at Wingate would be very helpful and friendly. But when it came to the morning of checkout, it just so happened that my mother got a migraine. My father went to the front desk to try to ask if we could stay a little longer so my mother could sleep a little later and the man at the desk was very unhelpful and not understanding at all. He allowed us to stay a couple hours more hours but I'm pretty sure they charged us for an extra night. Overall, very bad service.

But the room was decent. It had pretty comfortable beds and was clean, so that was good. The room didn't have a coffee maker, which we needed. The breakfast is nothing special. They had choices of waffles, toast, egg patties, sausage links, biscuits, cereal, yogurt, and some apples & oranges. They also had regular (and decaf) coffee in addition to a Starbucks machine that brewed two different blends for $2.75 each. But on the second day we were there, that machine was broken.

Bottom line: Not sure if I'd recommend this place to anyone because of the very poor service.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the back of the hotel have a much better view of the mountains.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Cleanliness
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank Josie A
Lexington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Clean, quiet, nice staff. Same breakfast every day, I guess u cant be picky when its free. Water and coffee available all day but often empty and not refilled. Fitness room very basic. Nice sized room. Not worth the price if I had paid full price. Fine for the deal I got.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

1 Thank Deborah C
Chevy Chase, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Stayed for two nights and had three rooms. One for my husband and myself and another two rooms for our teenage kids. They did do their best to put us all on the same floor considering the adjoining rooms had already been reserved by other families. The hotel is conveniently located and mostly clean. However, one of the toilets in one of our rooms was broken and we basically waited until the last day for anyone to come to repair it. Several calls down to the front desk yielded no answer. My son and his friend had to use the bathroom in the lobby for the majority of our stay which was irritating.The desk didn't seem to be staffed at all times which we noticed on multiple occasions. Rooms are spacious. The kids enjoyed the indoor pool and hot tub. Breakfast was included although the hours seemed to be slightly limited. Aside from the Hampton Inn, probably not a nicer place in Lexington to stay but would choose the Hampton Inn over the Wingate for sure.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family