WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Wingate by Wyndham Lexington

Wingate by Wyndham Lexington
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Lexington
Lexington
“From the front desk staff to employees we encountered...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014

From the front desk staff to employees we encountered during our stay I can say this was one of our most pleasant hotel experience. We also liked the size of our room. Having 2 of our grandchildren with us this stay the extra room was welcomed.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Rock Hill, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014

My husband and I had never stayed at a Wingate hotel. We made a last minute reservation. When we arrived, we were greeted by a very pleasant desk clerk (Greg) I think was his name. Our room was spacious and clean. Breakfast was very good with a great variety of items. I definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Lexington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

I don't typically stay at Windham properties because I find the service and amenities to be lacking when compared to other hotel chains in the same class. The Wingate by Wyndham Lexington was no exception. I only selected this hotel because it offered 2 queen size beds as opposed to 2 double beds and when you are traveling with 2 adults and a 17 year old, you need the larger beds. I found the staff to be rude and inattentive beginning with check in and continuing through check out. Twice I went to the front desk for directions in the morning and no one was to be found. This was strange becasue you needed to speak to someone to get your final receipt since they did not slip the receipt under the door during the night as is the case with most other chains. Also, the breakfast area was underserved. They ran out of eggs and I didn't see them get refreshed. Actually, I didn't see anyone servicing this area the first day although I'm sure someone was there. The beds were uncomfortable and the shower was in desperate need of upgrading. The caulk was yellowed, there was a hole in the wall above the shower head and the shower made an awful high pitched sound. Finally, my final bill was actually higher than the price quoted when I booked the room through the Wyndham webbsite. It was less than a dollar so I did not complain, but there was a difference. This felt very deceptive. All in all, I would only stay at this hotel as a last resort.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family