“Walked out of my room and it had a gas like odor in the...”

Wingate by Wyndham Lexington
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Walked out of my room and it had a gas like odor in the hallway. By the time I got to the elevator, I was sick to my stomach. Went downstairs and informed the front desk, she didn't say anything! When I came back later that day, I could smell it as soon as I walked in. I will be staying in this area quite a bit, but not back here with this gas odor. Not a safe environment ar all.
And also, you can't change the clock for the time change. How ridiculous is that?

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham
gmwingatelex, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Lisa M I would like to inform you that the gas smell was not coming from this hotel, on March 20 there was a problem with a gas line at the local WalMart, which is right down the road. The hotels and residents in the area have been dealing with that smell since then, and did not clear up til Monday March 25. I am sorry you had to experience that during your stay, it was not our intention. We will be triple checking our clock in our guest rooms as they are set on day light savings and should change automatically. I do hope you give us a chance again on your next visit. If you need anything please feel free to contact me.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

I recently stayed here for a couple of nights. Because of my stays in a couple of hotels the past few months I have been rather hestiant. But it was so nice to go into the room and see that it was nice and clean. Did not have to worry about anything! Everything from the bed linens to the bathroom were clean! They have a great breaksfast downstairs from like 6 am to 10 am. Also right next door is a Ruby Tuesdays which has a good salad bar. Actually would recommend getting their Grilled Salmon salad. Delicious!
Over all I would definitely recommend you staying here!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Reviewed March 20, 2013

This hotel had some of the best pillows and mattresses of any hotels I have stayed in. Everything looked very new. The grouting in the tiled shower was spotless. Breakfast was adequate. Would definatly recommend and stay at a Wingate by Wyndham again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business