“Clean, comfortable, quiet overnight”

Wingate by Wyndham Lexington
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Lexington
Lancaster, PA
“Clean, comfortable, quiet overnight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2011

We stayed at this Wingate on a Sunday night traveling back from the Carolina's. Wow! What a great place to stay. The front desk clerk was very friendly for a late night and check-in was a snap. Our room had 2 queens and was spotless. Breakfast was average with typical continental fare plus hot waffles, sausage, eggs, biscuits and gravy.

We tried to pool in the morning and it was the right temperature for a quick swim and the hot tub was a relaxing diversion. Check out was quick.

We didn't have a chance to try it but there is a Ruby Tuesday restaurant that shares the parking lot with this hotel.

A great testimonial for this hotel was the kids were sad to leave!

Room Tip: We had a room that faced the back of the property and woke up to beautiful mountain views!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Huntersville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2011

This is a limited service hotel convenient to I-81 which appears a little nicer than most limited service hotels. The rooms are clean, modern, and well appointed. It is immediately adjacent to a Ruby Tuesday restaurant. The free continental breakfast is augmented by a pour-your-own waffle maker and chafing dishes with those awful pre-fab squares of scrambled eggs, bacon that tests the limits of the rule that even bad bacon is good, and biscuits and gravy that I just could not bring myself to try. The staff was courteous and our brief stay was restful.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
gmwingatelex, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Lexington, responded to this review, October 1, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I apologize that you did not enjoy our full breakfast lineup, we are always changing our breakfast products to see what our guest like. I do hope you give us a try again in the future, we are in the process of changing over our breakfast to a much healthier line. If there is anything I can do for you please let me know, and we do look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the area.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2011

I was pleasently surprised, this is a nice place. Not having been here before but knowing the competition, I was pleased. The bed was great, and it was clean. Breakfast was the average, but with a few hot things.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
gmwingatelex, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Lexington, responded to this review, September 17, 2011
Dear Alaskan_traveler_8,

Thank you for taking the time out to leave us a review. We appreciate your business and do hope to see you in the future on your return visit to Lexington.
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2011

We chose this hotel due to it's convenient location on our way to North Carolina and were very impressed. The hotel was right off the interstate and within walking distance of a nice Ruby Tuesdays. Room was spacious, clean and nicely decorated. Pool and hot tub were very clean. The free breakfast was great. Overall we were very pleased with this hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

This hotel is just not up to the standards of other Wingates I have visited; however the price is significantly less than other chain hotels in the area. We paid $85 for a two queen beds room when the Holiday Inn Express nearby was $130 for the same room on the same night. Our room showed signs of wear and tear. The bathroom had that mildew smell probably from the shower curtain. The furnishings were average but not new. The bed was uncomfortably firm and we never got the mattress pad to stop bunching up and the sheets did not fit well. It was a very uncomfortable night.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Fairfax Station, VA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2011

I am a long time Wyndham By Request Member and selected this hotel out of all of the other nearby hotels in Lexington. (Despite the fact that I would have been eligible for a free night stay, Wyndham had unknowingly removed all of my points because I hadn't stayed at a Wyndham recently. Unfortunately, there were not any in the towns where I had business or leisure travel over the past year. I also didn't get any of the Wyndham By Request benefits that I was used to. Not sure why.)

The location is a few turns off I-81. The facilities are acceptable and in good condition. The smell of chlorine from the nearby pool was very strong in the reception/lobby upon arrival. I mentioned this to the check in person. I was alarmed that they wanted a copy of my drivers license after I had given them my credit card and preregistered on line. I questioned this policy and asked to speak to the General Manager who was not on duty. I almost left to select another hotel and refused to provide it. I offered to pay for my room in advance. Joe, the young man who was on duty was obviously upset, and simply doing his duty. I explained that I had experienced identity theft and was willing to provide a valid drivers license, but did not want it copied. I raised the issue with another nice woman at the front desk before checking out the next morning and suggested that they inform prospective guest of this new policy on their website and put a sign up at the front desk so guest are aware of it before they check in. They have other notices about their no check and debit card policies at the reception desk.

I had asked for a quiet room and was fortunate to get the last room in the hallway, however, there was baby that cried consistently across the hall. The hair dryer did not work in the room but it was reported to the front desk. I'd bleach the grout/bathroom tile if I were them. The breakfast area was well stocked and well attended by a woman who was very friendly and accommodating. There is a convenient Ruby Tuesday next door and I appreciated not having to drive to dinner.

I'd easily stay here again if I didn't have to give them a copy of my drivers license.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Finiky
Sanibel Island, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2011

Other than a good breakfast, this hotel offered us the things we needed most. A clean and comfortable room, free internet, quiet location (take a room in the rear), and easy access to Lexington. We have stayed here on two other trips and have not found much to complain about given the relatively low cost and number of amenities. They could create a better breakfast experience by having a more organized and more diversified food/beverage set up. But we would not reject staying there based on the breakfast when there are many things to commend the hotel for a short stay, and we've never been there for more than 3 nights.

Room Tip: Better views and quieter rooms are in the back....
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple