“Reliable, As Always!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Lexington
Westminster, Maryland
“Reliable, As Always!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

All of the comfort, convenience and excellent service this chain is known for. Great breakfast. Only one caution: the front of the building is very close to the busy street. If traffic/auto noise bothers you, you might want to request a room on the opposite "back" side of the facility.

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Manassas, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

First time here and when you walk into lobby you feel at home as first thing you see is wooden stairs leading to second floor and a gas fireplace beside stairs with lots of books to read by the fire. Wood trim, crown molding, that does not fit just like at home. Off season price was great and with coupon from magazine it cost less than $60. for the night although they really like taxes in this town. Taxes add 10% to lodging and meals, but they do not have yet bathroom tax,Oh should not have said that, they they might.
Motel was not busy being off season and I got first floor room on front, and it was also equipped for wheel chair and very high ceiling. Large bathroom, and king bed, nice furniture although room was a little smaller than Sleep Inn, I liked the quiet heat and air that never turned off and on but keep going and kept room warm and nice.
Note front is close to highway and has some road noise, I would ask for back for a quieter room.
Nice workout room with 3 large pieces of equipment and of course a tv.
Pool and hot tub was also both larger than Sleep Inn down the road, and I was alone in evening and morning in pool which I found a little cool but hot tub was just right.
Breakfast was nice and dining room was bright and large, almost made you feel right at home.
Worst thing was water pressure alarm kept going off all night long and got really bad around 7AM finally got up and went to hot tub and had breakfast. By 10AM they thought they had problem fixed.
I will probably go back.
Front desk was nice and helpful and even had hot fresh cookies for quests.
The refrig. and microwave are both in wooden cabinet that made room look nicer and quieter. I thought that was a plus!

Room Tip: Rooms on front have some road noise, as building is close to road, parking in front also looks somew...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
West Burke
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

We stayed for a family trip. The staff were very friendly and welcoming. The location was convenient to a number of restaurants, gas stations and a Wal-Mart 1/2 mile away. The hotel itself needs some help. There was mold and mildew in the bathroom on the ceiling and the tile. The toilet seat cover was cracked and ready to break. The hot tub was cold and the pool not warm. The staff reset the hot tub and while it was warmer later, only when the jets weren't turned on which defeats the purpose. Our door lock was tricky to get to work right. We were there for only 1 night so we didn't report all of the items mentioned except for hot tub. But given our earlier experiences with this hotel chain, we were disappointed. Generally, they are up on maintenance. We stayed at another facility close by the next night and toured several for wedding planning purposes and they were all much better for the same or better price. Given the options nearby, this place needs to step its game up.

Elizabeth City, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

We had a girl's getaway weekend in Lexington and this was the perfect place for us. The breakfast was great and it was close enough to town that it wasn't a big deal to drive back and forth. The price wasn't bad for the room we had. The staff was helpful when we had questions.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
cx_lxva, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lexington, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for your positive response. We hope to see you again if your travels bring you back to the area!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

My wife, two sons and I stayed in a king suite because we like that when our boys go to bed we can shut the door to our room and read, surf or whatever. I get this type room often when we travel at many types of hotels. This was the first place to have sheets/blanket for the pullout and a rollaway with the same ready for us at arrival. Not a huge room but fine for us the one night. Nice staff at the desk and breakfast bar. We checked in early with no problem. Nikos for lunch yum.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
cx_lxva, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lexington, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

This is a great place for what it is. It's not a 4 star luxury hotel, but it was nice. Mention the travel brochures and get discounts!

Standard hotel. The hotel was very clean. Our room had microwave and fridge. Decent bed. And the breakfast was surprisingly good (eggs, sausage, waffles, gravy, cereal).

A little loud since you are next to the main road, but it wasn't horrible.

So grading on a curve, this place was good. I would stay here again.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
cx_lxva, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lexington, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Bealeton, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

We stayed one day at this hotel 1/12/13

1. First room we were in 218 - we brought our bags in the room and my son killed 7-8 stink bugs, after we returned the bags to the front desk area we returned to kill 3-4 more. Wife insisted we move rooms so we went to room 212.

2. We tried to connect to their internet no passwords you only have to accept their "terms" with two seperate laptops and my Droid X2 we couldn't connect. We would get the banner saying we could now connect to the internet and a counter of how many minutes we were connected - yet we could not get from the google.com page to gmail or anywhere else. Girl at front desk said she could and tried several things - still nothing. Then she gave me their 800 tech support where we wasted more than an hour with the same results. We gave up...( I spend more than 70% of my time traveling for my job so I'm always in hotels and I've NEVER had the issues we had connecting)

3. Next morning my son and I got up at 5am went fishing - came back and my wife was furious - she woke up with a stink bug in the bed and another two on the wall above the bed!!!

4. Breakfast was ok.

5. Great location near everything and there is a 7-11 literally right next door with an awesome beer selection!!

6. Easy on/off the Interstate I-64 (I-81 a mile of so down the road after you get on I-64 east)

Rating the value, cleanliness & sleep quality as poor because if you can't sleep because of all the stinkbugs and I answer correspondence for work and like to check my email and if I can't do that in my room....

Would we stay again? NO there are too many other hotels close by - I'd try them first with all the stink bugs in this place and the internet issues. No thanks.

Room Tip: Bring some RAID to deal with the stink bugs - unless they don't bother you and HOUND the hotel s...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
I apologize for the less than satisfactory conditions you encountered during your stay. We are working to improve our operations and your feed back is greatly appreciated.

Travelers are raving about these Lexington hotels