WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lexington

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lexington
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Lexington
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Another Alternative in Lexington”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

Well appointed and comfortable this Country Inn is close by VMI and the old town/downtown area. Very inviting entrance with bright pine staircase convenient to second floor. Free breakfast buffet in a very comfortable and spacious dining area. Selection meets any taste and the biscuits and gravy tasty. Personal are friendly and helpful. The pool and hot tub a refreshing spot to refresh after a long day or long trip. Suggest you request a room on the backside of the facility to eliminate "road noise" from Route 11. Subway sandwich shop and Applebee's Neighborhood Grill within walking distance. Can be pricey on event weekends . . . reserve early!

Room Tip: Request room on backside away from road noise/traffic.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Saint Peters, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

We only stayed over night. Had a suite which was nice because we had our adult daughter with us and she slept on the sofa sleeper and we had our own room. Breakfast was good. My only complaint was with the bath room the shower curtain sagged which made the curtain not close properly and the toilet was wobbly. I told the front desk when I checked out. Hopefully they will fix the problems.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
charleston,WV
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

My wife and I have stayed here many times when visiting Lexington. Suites are fine, the place is very clean and breakfasts are good. The staff is polite and helpful as well.One of the best family resturants i have ever ate in is just across the road...the Redwood Resturant. home cookin' and great desserts This Country Inn is.just a good place to stay, right off of the Interstate..

Room Tip: The suites are on the top floor and very well laid out.
Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Trinity, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

Stayed at the Country Inn and felt the room was a bit outdated. The price I was quoted online was $30.00 less than the actual price that I paid. I told the person at the front desk, and she only told me the price that they had, and did not know why it was lower online. The room was clean, but I did not think it was worth the money. I would try a different hotel if I were in that town again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Waco, Texas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012 via mobile

The one bedroom king suite was perfect fit for family with kids. We were able to put our light sleeper 1 yr old in a pack-n-play in the living area and have door to bedroom shut. Having separate rooms is definitely a must for us.

• Stayed August 2012
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

We stayed here when we came for a friend's wedding. She had blocked off rooms here at a reduced price for wedding guests. Our small refrigerator in our room did not work and it took until the next day to get it replaced. The rooms were smaller than expected. The pool had way too much chlorine in it. The hot breakfast was mediocre. The front desk personnel were more concerned with their own issues in training someone new than great guest service. I, personally, would probably never stay at this particular hotel again for the price I paid for the room.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Westchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

Was here for 4 ngihts due to Nationals Pony Club - I came in a day early and I was accomodated. My daughter and I had a room on the 4th floor, moved our stuff in took showers and then realized the refrigerator was not working, the Front Desk moved us to another room, as it was late and maintenance would not beable to get to us in a timely manner. So we moved down the hall with no issues. The room was clean - beds comfortable, ac and refrigerator worked. Shampoos and conditioners were a treat for us -. The breakfast daily was great, coffee, eggs, waffles, sausage and or gravies - plenty of selection for me. There is a washer dryer - 2.00 each which we used several times. Front Desk staff was great - the only complaint I have is that the pool was cloudy. I did ask and the Front Desk said they had shocked it - but the whole time it was cloudy - which always makes me nervous. I would come back to this hotel again. It only has one elevator which sometimes slows things down- but it never broke down.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family