“nice stay, nice rooms, nice people”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lexington
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Lexington
charleston,WV
“nice stay, nice rooms, nice people”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

My wife and I have stayed here many times when visiting Lexington. Suites are fine, the place is very clean and breakfasts are good. The staff is polite and helpful as well.One of the best family resturants i have ever ate in is just across the road...the Redwood Resturant. home cookin' and great desserts This Country Inn is.just a good place to stay, right off of the Interstate..

Room Tip: The suites are on the top floor and very well laid out.
Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Trinity, Florida
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Stayed at the Country Inn and felt the room was a bit outdated. The price I was quoted online was $30.00 less than the actual price that I paid. I told the person at the front desk, and she only told me the price that they had, and did not know why it was lower online. The room was clean, but I did not think it was worth the money. I would try a different hotel if I were in that town again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Waco, Texas, United States
Reviewed August 28, 2012 via mobile

The one bedroom king suite was perfect fit for family with kids. We were able to put our light sleeper 1 yr old in a pack-n-play in the living area and have door to bedroom shut. Having separate rooms is definitely a must for us.

• Stayed August 2012
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We stayed here when we came for a friend's wedding. She had blocked off rooms here at a reduced price for wedding guests. Our small refrigerator in our room did not work and it took until the next day to get it replaced. The rooms were smaller than expected. The pool had way too much chlorine in it. The hot breakfast was mediocre. The front desk personnel were more concerned with their own issues in training someone new than great guest service. I, personally, would probably never stay at this particular hotel again for the price I paid for the room.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Westchester
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Was here for 4 ngihts due to Nationals Pony Club - I came in a day early and I was accomodated. My daughter and I had a room on the 4th floor, moved our stuff in took showers and then realized the refrigerator was not working, the Front Desk moved us to another room, as it was late and maintenance would not beable to get to us in a timely manner. So we moved down the hall with no issues. The room was clean - beds comfortable, ac and refrigerator worked. Shampoos and conditioners were a treat for us -. The breakfast daily was great, coffee, eggs, waffles, sausage and or gravies - plenty of selection for me. There is a washer dryer - 2.00 each which we used several times. Front Desk staff was great - the only complaint I have is that the pool was cloudy. I did ask and the Front Desk said they had shocked it - but the whole time it was cloudy - which always makes me nervous. I would come back to this hotel again. It only has one elevator which sometimes slows things down- but it never broke down.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Greensboro, NC
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Had several problems on our three night stay: cable out two separate times; lobby, outside & breakfast area look new but hallway and room looked and smelled old/musty; carpet and comforter in room not clean; upon arrival had to request shower curtain be changed as it was quite mildewed, have never had to do this at any other hotel; also plastic strips on floor near pool and hot tub had human hair on them and were never cleaned during our stay; just not as new/clean as other country inn & suites we have stayed at although the breakfast was very good and staff was helpful; the Holiday Inn across the street looks new, you might want to try it

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We have had good experiences with this chain previously but were disappointed this time. Our room had very small bugs on the sheets, we had not unpacked yet and front desk person was able to move us to another room. He came and looked at the bugs and claimed they were not bedbugs but I was not convinced. The second room passed the bug inspection but was brutally hot. We set the AC on max cool and the room was tolerable in about 3 to 4 hours. We were on the fourth floor facing the front of the hotel and there were spotlights mounted on a pole that illuminated the hotel at night but were aimed directly at our window. The curtains are not blackout curtains and cannot be closed due to the rod design. Needless to say we did not sleep well in the brightly lit room. Staff was courteous and the breakfast was good but this hotel has some issues

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Montegojam
, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lexington, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thank you for your post. I apologize for the difficulties you experienced during your stay with us.
The small bugs you reported were not bed bugs and we have had no bedbugs at our location during my employment with the hotel. The black out curtains are located closest to the window with pull rods hanging behind the sheers. The drapes are fixed and not meant to be moved.
The air conditioning has had to work hard to keep the rooms cool with recent temperatures above 100. I am sorry that it took so long for you to get your room comfortable in these conditions. We do ask housekeeping to keep the ac on at all times and I apologize for moving you to a room that was not already cool. We will work hard to see that this does not happen again.

Travelers are raving about these Lexington hotels