“Really nice in a good location”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lexington
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Lexington
Knoxville, Tn
“Really nice in a good location”
Reviewed March 20, 2012

The hotel is easily accesible from the interstate and perfect if visiting VMI. The hotel appears fairly new and has a great breakfast. The rooms were slightly larger than your normal overnight interstate hotel. The indoor pool looked nice although we didn't use it. If in the area you are just a few minutes from the final resting place of Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson so be sure and visit while there. Also, VMI has a great museum that anyone can visit. I would recommend this hotel if in the area.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank vol27970

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Medellin, Colombia
Reviewed March 19, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights while visiting nearby. Room quality was good. Staff friendly enough. Location good. Breakfast included was better than average for type of accomodation.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank captmike04530
Yonkers, New York
Reviewed January 26, 2012

This hotel chain is now my favorite while I'm on the road.
Cookies, coffee, comfy chairs and interesting bookshelf greet you in the bright lobby of the hotel.
A coupon from the visitors center at the Va. rest stop made this hotel @$59.95 a real deal. And the king bed was super comfy too.
Breakfast in the morning offered real eggs & sausage and all the usual items in a pleasant uncramped setting. The staff we met were friendly and helpful.
Worth the extra few miles off 1 -81 to stop here.

• Stayed January 2012
2 Thank Suemacktours
Cobourg, Canada
Reviewed January 24, 2012

Driving home from Orlando to Ontario on Jan 20, 2012. We had driven a very long day and were looking for somewhere for the night. Pulled off I-81 at Lexington, Virginia with the hotel coupon book from the Virginia Welcome Centre. Had chosen the Country Inn based on amenities and price in the book as our first stop to check out. Well, we did not go any further! The entrance is warm and inviting, cookies available even at 11pm in the evening. Reception was very welcoming and took the coupon with no questions. Room with two queen beds, free wi-fi and hot breakfast for $59.95! We were sold.

Once in the room, everything was clean. The room has lots of space, very comfortable beds, large and squeaky clean bathroom. We slept great. Hotel has lovely indoor pool, which was closed at that time of the evening so we did not venture in.

Morning saw coffee, tea, and hot breakfast available. Everything was great - hot when it should be and cold when it should be.

I have no complaints to offer and would definitely recommend to anyone. Have put on our travel planner as the place to stop on the next road trip to Florida!

Room Tip: Ask for room at top of stairs at entrance - easy access and away from morning breakfasters.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Bearhug71
Newton, NJ
Reviewed December 22, 2011

Imagine being an exhausted traveler with a hot shower, a good night's rest, and home on your mind. That was my state of mind when we checked into this hotel. We dropped our bags in our room, and I immediately used the bathroom - and the toilet didn't flush. I let it rest for a few minutes and tried again; and once again the water came up to the rim and I held my breath.

We asked to move to another room and the staff was very accommodating. In fact, they upgraded us to a one bedroom suite. We moved our luggage, and I couldn't wait to take a shower. I had one foot in the tub when my husband yelled, "There's a mouse in here!"

We enjoyed the rest of the night at the Comfort Inn next door.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank newlyretired82010

Travelers are raving about these Lexington hotels

Burkesville
Reviewed December 22, 2011

I stayed here my 1st time 12/12/11. It's the nicest hotel in Lexington. Room was remodeled, and very clean. Everything is in good repair. The pool was warm, and jacuzzi was hot-both just right. Breakfast was great, more like Grandma's than a hotel. I had a coupon, so the price was great to boot.

Room Tip: It's about 1/2 mile from interstate, so it's really quiet. The rooms in the back face a resi...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 8, 2011

I recently stayed at this hotel for 3 nights, I got stranded in nearby area due to accident and was taking care of my family at stonewall jackson hospital. I was extremely satisfied and had wonderful experience.This place is clean and the owners and the staff are more then helpful. I would recommend this hotel to everyone who wants to stay in Lexington area plus it's near to major Highway I-64 I-81 US60 AND US11.
Thanks