“Great experience”

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Great experience”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We were in Lexington to go the Natural Bridge, so I just had to let my kids experience this. We got there about 7:45, and it was already busy with lots of vans. We parked our van with the back toward the screen, and per someone behind us asking us, we got some string from the concessions to tie our van door down a bit. The food was ok, what I expected for drive in food, but it was really about the fun of it all. The topping bar for the burgers and hotdogs was anice touch. Things like slushies and popcorn and even candy are at reasonable prices.The movie however, did not start till 10:15 b/c of problems with the projector. The people on the speakers did periodically keep updating us, but still, we were exhausted by the time it started. However, in the end, all was fine. The screen looked much better than we all expected. You can tune into a radio station to hear the movie better which was nice. It was even raining off and on while we were there, but we still had fun. My older daughter said the bathroom was kind of overrun with bugs, but that doesn't seem too surprising considering the venue. Their website really does cover everything well, so no surprises. Nice family atmosphere.

Visited July 2013

Hampstead, North Carolina
70 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Not my first visit, nor my last”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was my second visit to Hull's drive in and I love it. My kids enjoy the new movies and fresh air (and staying up past their bed time of course). The food is affordable and the tickets are cheaper than any theater as well. I'd visit more often if it weren't an hour away from me.

Visited July 2013
Miami, Florida
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“love the new digital”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Always and evening of fun to go to this Drive-in! Now they have more food options which make it even better. Do wish they would enforce the NO back hatches up during the movie rule though as inconsiderate others leave them up blocking part of the screen for others in rows behind them.

Visited April 2013
Staunton, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fun!”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

This is a great way to spend an evening with family or friends. They have recently upgraded to digital, and the concessions are pretty good for a drive in. Don't miss the experience if you're in the area.

Staunton, Virginia
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“the American Experience.”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

a great cultural experience . In the summer evenings drive in, pull out lawn chairs or sit in your car with the speakers hanging on the window while you watch the movie al la 1955.