“Great Country B&B Two Minutes From Town” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Enfield House B & B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lexington
Enfield House B & B
Ranked #13 of 18 Lexington B&B and Inns
ohio
“Great Country B&B Two Minutes From Town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2011

My husband and I were traveling to Lexington for the first time to visit my step son, who had started law school there a couple of weeks earlier. The first couple of places that came up on the local visitor's site were booked up (I later learned it was the weekend undergrads at Washington&Lee moved back). What luck for us, as I was forced to look beyond the first few places on the list, and found this wonderful b&b.

What first attracted me to this particular place was the breakfast description, with choices that included organic bacon and whole grain waffles. And I was right - the breakfasts were delicious and healthy, a fabulous combination. The owner grinds her own spelt flour. While we were there, we had whole grain waffles, homemade whole grain bread and banana cake. They all were wonderful.

Becky, our host, was friendly and helpful, and even invited us to join her family as they celebrated Labor Day weekend. I liked her so much that I have to work to make sure that this review isn't biased! We reserved the suite, which included a bedroom, sitting room, and bathroom. My husband, who does not notice these things, looked around our room and said "This place is spotless!" We also were offered the use of most of the house and property, including Adirondack chairs positioned with a view of the adjoining meadow and treeline, and a charming gazebo.

I have been to B&Bs that offer robes, chocolates stuffed in dishes all over the room, potpourri, etc. This place does not have those things. It has a convenient location, great food, comfortable facilities, and a wonderful host, all at a reasonable price. I plan to stay here many more times!

Room Tip: We had the suite, but I looked at the rooms and they were very nice. I would be happy to stay in on...